Official Nas Thread

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nope, around 350k :beli:
it has to go gold though :noah:
Illmatic did not go gold until September 1996 (2 years after it's release)...No worrries about going gold (it will reach that status) but in the mean while he selling out tours globally.

Tuling

Pro
Daps
Illmatic did not go gold until September 1996 (2 years after it's release)...No worrries about going gold (it will reach that status) but in the mean while he selling out tours globally.
definitely, not a big concern.

Black Roses

Rookie
Daps
top 5 off the album?

Idk how y'all feel bout N.I.G.G.E.R. (The Slave And The Master) but that shyt is my favourite song next to Queens Get The Money. Love everything about that song.
You asking if testify is top 5, or what my overall top 5 is? lol

N.I.G.G.E.R. is :noah: QGTM too. Perfect intro.

I just love the whole thing, I admit I didn't appreciate it like I should have when it first came out. :to:

NYK Loyalist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nope, around 350k :beli:
it has to go gold though :noah:

If he wins some Grammy's that should give him a couple of good weeks of sales. These days 350k is a pretty good number especially when none of the singles have been mainstream hits. It shows he has a really solid fan base. I think he will win at least 1 Grammy but hopefully he gets the best rap album cause I think out of the categories he's nominated that is the only one that's televised

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Testify is the jam. Probably one of the best beats I've heard from Stic Man.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Anyone else thought that 'Black Bond' was too short? I wish it was developed into a full song with a chorus and perhaps an extra verse.

Apparently he did some songs with AZ that didn't make the final cut. Is there anywhere I can listen to those songs?

This song was cut from Stillmatic:

[ame=http://youtu.be/Oozi0m1BSkk]AZ "Serious" feat Nas - YouTube[/ame]

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
Hennessy And Multi-Platinum Recording Artist Nas Unveil Year Two Of The "Wild... -- NEW YORK, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --

NEW YORK, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hennessy, the number one selling Cognac brand in the world, announced today that its successful "Wild Rabbit" campaign will continue for a second year. Centered on the notion that true greatness is reserved for those who have reached a level of mastery yet still push for more success, the "Wild Rabbit" program draws parallels among the journeys of leading icons in various fields and the paths being forged by Hennessy aficionados. The award-winning campaign, which in 2012 spotlighted inspiring tales of such masters as Manny Pacquiao, Erykah Badu and Martin Scorsese, will add a new ambassador to their ranks: multi-platinum recording artist and Rhyme Master, Nas
:myman:

About Nas
A hip-hop icon since the early 1990s, Nas emerged from the Queensbridge neighborhood of Long Island City, a hotbed of rap artist since the '80s. The son of jazz trumpeter Olu Dara, Nas has since gone on to sell over 20 million albums worldwide over the span of his legendary career, and has acted as an ambassador for hip-hop culture throughout the globe. The first full-length album by the poet and rhyme-master Nas arrived in 1994, the RIAA platinum Illmatic. Since then he has released nine solo albums and 3 compilation albums that have been certified double-platinum, platinum or gold. In recent years, Nas has transcended mere rapper status and engaged in greater levels of philanthropy. He is an avid UNICEF supporter, helping to raise funds for East African region Horn of Africa and teaming up with the family of George Harrison for the organization's Month of Giving. Nas also donated all proceeds of Distant Relatives, his 2010 collaboration with longtime friend Damian Marley, to help end poverty in Africa. Nas' new release is the critically acclaimed Life Is Good,which debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200, marking the sixth #1 album that the artist has produced in his career. The collection also appeared on many year-end 'album of the year' lists, and most recently, Nas was nominated for four GRAMMY awards in conjunction with the release. These recognitions mark the rap icon's 13th career nominations overall.

nas_paphotos_l20609.jpg

The reign is inevitable....
:blessed::blessed:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Can somebody explain to me in all seriousness what the fukk is so special about Life is Good????

The beats are solid, they're songs that have a vintage Nas sound from different eras and it just seems a little more focused to who he is as an artist vs trying different conceptual records and theories which for most people come off as hit or miss.
Thats definetly why it got reviewed so well.

But I can see why others still dont like, a lot of the old school samples which work for him are still something that people dont wanna hear in an era where sonically ASAP and Kendrick are trying different things.

If you compared to other stuff out there its different but I think the sounds at time feel like a compilation of his.