Official Nas Thread

Bed$tuy

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth 🇭🇹
Daps
Reppin
BedStuy, Brooklyn
Check 1 2 1 2, who got more style than NaS do?

nas-h.gif

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I listened to this album in the whip again.. Not a wack song on it. Nasir is a legend.. He is still at the top of his game.. I think No ID brought the best outta Salaam Remi too

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

That, Cherry Wine, Stay and Bye Baby are the only songs I still play and Stay and Bye Baby will be cut out soon.

I was wrong Stay and Bye Baby will be played for quite awhile, Back When and Locomotive has been added for my trapped in the 90s nikkas.

Low key Mary J wasn't necessary on Reach Out. I'm just saying :manny:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
This I can agree with...

I mean, I never once said this wasn't album of the year.

It IS that. I think people got me fukked me on that. I was just defensive over the > Stillmatic talk.

no intro = 5

locomotive = 4.5/5

queens story = 3.5 (don't feel this one like you guys)

accident murderers = 4 (I still feel like this song easily could be on a Ross mixtape)

daughters = 5

reach out = 4 (I honestly think this would be a better track with a different beat and no mary j. The 4 is purely for his bars)

worlds an addiction = 4 (something about this song drags, but I can't exactly decide what's wrong with it)

summer on smash = 3 (miguel SHOULD NEVER be on a Nas album again)

you wouldn't understand = 4 (overused sample, mediocre hook)

back when = 4

the don = 3.75 (it's okay, but it gets annoying, like right now I can listen to it, tomorrow I won't be able to)

stay = 5

cherry wine = 5

bye baby = 4

Seahawks

Pro
Supporter
Daps
:lawd:

Trust, You Wouldnt Understand, Stay, Worlds An Addiction, Back When, Wheres the Love, Black Bond, Daughters, Accident Murderers, Bye Baby :wow:

I have a new favorite song every time i listen

Where do yall rank LIG in Nas disco

It Was Written
Illmatic
Lost Tapes
Stillmatic
LIG
Untitled
Gods Son
I Am...

BlackZilla

M0derator
Daps
So, how would you guys compare this to Illmatic?

Let's compare Nas's first with Nas's latest album. Do you think this shows considerable growth from the Nasty Nas that was on Illmatic? How do you guys think LIG compares to Illmaitc in everything else except impact (I think that Illmatic sorta wins hands down when it comes to impact)

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, how would you guys compare this to Illmatic?

Let's compare Nas's first with Nas's latest album. Do you think this shows considerable growth from the Nasty Nas that was on Illmatic? How do you guys think LIG compares to Illmaitc in everything else except impact (I think that Illmatic sorta wins hands down when it comes to impact)

"illmatic" had zero impact and zero retail success. Much critical acclaim, but no impact.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

somewhat relevant with talks of the nas and lauryn tour

Last edited by a moderator: