Official Nas Thread

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
stay is dope as fck but it feels like it should have been on hip-hop is dead or n1gger

it drags the album down for me and the placement on the cd isn't good either

I don't really like Cherry Wine, the song is cool but if its a "5" then what is "like smoke"?
I would've appreciated a more soulful track it feels too melancholy.

the topics in this song I feel were covered better in "Roses". again I can't stress the dopeness of "Like Smoke" which ALSO covered the divorce/I'm single topic better too.

Bye Baby is easily the dopest commercial track Nas has ever done IMO I love the nuance of the beat dropping only on the hook, love the guy sample.

BUT this is NAS. I know this song isn't necessary and just because its better than all his previous efforts of "selling out" doesn't mean I gotta think its flawless.

mind you, I don't skip the song but its drakes producer. I don't like drake one bit. another producer I believe would've flipped that sample better.

I hope you enjoyed my explanations.

You do realize you're giving Nas lower scores because he gave you tracks you liked BETTER then on the album? That's bs how is the fact that he made a doper song yuo like bringing down his album song points son? Thats like giving coca cola a 3.5 cause cherry coke is that piff that you like MORE. COca COla STILL made cherry coke.

YOu wouldnt understand has an overused sample? Really? Name me 5 songs with that sample son real talk.

Bye baby is now a commercial track because drakes producer made it? Drake wa undergroound less then 2 years ago fam. I mean give me a fukking break. Now he's the biggest commercial producer in hiphop?? :mindblown:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:salute: Uncle Sam for putting the battery in Esco and L-Boogie back. :skip:

Not to derail the Nas thread, but could we possibly get a new Lauryn album with a Nas feature? :to:

"Black Rage" the angry version of Life Is Good....

:nas:

Features by Nas, Rah Digga, and Rakim

:wow:

Victim List:

LSA bytches
Feminem
Rohan
Wyclef "Superhead" Jean
IRS

We all in the building folks....

Ronald

Daps
Both Like Smoke and Cherry Wine are 5/5

their chemistry together :ohlawd:, even tho they weren't in the studio when they recorded Like Smoke

and they have more songs together :wow:

this blend is pretty great too

Last edited by a moderator:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

tocrying.gif

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
You do realize you're giving Nas lower scores because he gave you tracks you liked BETTER then on the album? That's bs how is the fact that he made a doper song yuo like bringing down his album song points son? Thats like giving coca cola a 3.5 cause cherry coke is that piff that you like MORE. COca COla STILL made cherry coke.

YOu wouldnt understand has an overused sample? Really? Name me 5 songs with that sample son real talk.

Bye baby is now a commercial track because drakes producer made it? Drake wa undergroound less then 2 years ago fam. I mean give me a fukking break. Now he's the biggest commercial producer in hiphop?? :mindblown:

lol. you want me to name songs with "let's start over"? cmon son.

we are not talking about soda we talking nasir jones.

yes I consider cherry wine a throwaway. if you wana crucify me for that then don't forget he has unreleased classics from every album. like smoke is a classic to me and cherry wine is not.

I'm sure nas recorded something id rather hear then that.

I actually would've preferred "you wouldn't understand" with no singer or hook.

when it comes down to the matter is everyone got there own tastes. I rather hear someones true critiques then praise. again that's just me.

on another note, what didn't you like about the album if anything?

Ronald

Daps
This mix is incredible. Do you have this mp3? What other songs do they have?

here breh

[ame=http://www.sharebeast.com/7j68x89h0dt0]Just Friends [Urban Noize Remix].mp3[/ame]

I meant that they have more songs in the vault. Salaam said it in some interview this year, wonder how many they have.

this blend mixtape dropped this year, but I haven't heard it

OKP Exclusive: Terry Urban Presents NaS X Amy Winehouse “Me & Mr. Jones” [Mixtape] « Okayplayer | okayplayer.com

-InFeRnO-

#TPC onetime4yamind
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
stay is still the best song to me

where's the love, you wouldn't understand, black bond, queens story, reach out, daughters.. :ohlawd:

in fact there still isn't a skippable track