Official Nas Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
the reason I wanted a Lost Tapes 2 was I assumed it would be the unreleased stuff from life is good sessions we havent heard

I guess it would have still been stuff we heard already that didnt make the album from the sessions of the first two Def Jam albums. Stuff like Life's Gone Low and most of the Untitled unreleased stuff that was on DJ Delz's El Dorado Black mixtape which dropped in January 2009 (The Courthouse, Esco Lets go, Something Foul, Fear of a Black Man's dikk, The World)

If there was any way to get a full CDQ version of Colors and if somehow he had the urge to go back in and finish the Scientist and throw them shyts on a Lost Tapes along with the other stuff...maybe even throw on Talk of NY and a get a few remaining unreleased Sony joints from the SD sessions then for sure....:lawd::ohlawd::sadbron:

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
I think Nas is the only rapper to get on nearly every "hot" rappers track for 20 years and style on them.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Correction.

He's always remained the illest.

Just the sheeps wasn't paying attention because of subpar :rudy: production.

Nas never stopped spitting gems.

Did you forget that Nas makes MUSIC? Why in the world would people listen if he's rapping over horrible beats. It's like that thread from a couple months ago where someone said that Nas wasted like 5 years of his career rapping over wack shyt, and I was like "I spent the past half decade listening to Nas DESPITE his production."

You say that like he started off his career rapping over garbage. All of his best albums have stellar production.

Now with that said, after avoiding this thread, when it dropped, I finally have to say it, I was always a Nas stan, but this Life is Good is perhaps his most overrated album of all time. It's a good album, but this almost classic and flawless talk, I just don't see it. I literally spent the entire time trying to force myself to love this album and I even read the lyrics while listening to a bunch of these tracks to see what you guys are talking about.

But, it's just not there for me. It's simply a good Nas album, he didn't say anything lyrically amazing, he just told his story, and it's a good listen, but it just sounded to me like a lot of these songs didn't get the emotion out of me that they were supposed to "World's An Addiction" or could've been on a Ross mixtape "Accident Murders." But I'll let you guys have this one though, the guy's given me enough through the years that I'm happy with the attention he's getting and he's break from all that MMG/YMCM shyt.

Part of me thinks people are just happy to hear Nas over listenable beats again. :manny:

Life is Good. :ahh:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I've noticed a lot of people seem bothered by the fact so many others love LIG. Why though?

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

Did you forget that Nas makes MUSIC? Why in the world would people listen if he's rapping over horrible beats. It's like that thread from a couple months ago where someone said that Nas wasted like 5 years of his career rapping over wack shyt, and I was like "I spent the past half decade listening to Nas DESPITE his production."

You say that like he started off his career rapping over garbage. All of his best albums have stellar production.

Now with that said, after avoiding this thread, when it dropped, I finally have to say it, I was always a Nas stan, but this Life is Good is perhaps his most overrated album of all time. It's a good album, but this almost classic and flawless talk, I just don't see it. I literally spent the entire time trying to force myself to love this album and I even read the lyrics while listening to a bunch of these tracks to see what you guys are talking about.

But, it's just not there for me. It's simply a good Nas album, he didn't say anything lyrically amazing, he just told his story, and it's a good listen, but it just sounded to me like a lot of these songs didn't get the emotion out of me that they were supposed to "World's An Addiction" or could've been on a Ross mixtape "Accident Murders." But I'll let you guys have this one though, the guy's given me enough through the years that I'm happy with the attention he's getting and he's break from all that MMG/YMCM shyt.

Part of me thinks people are just happy to hear Nas over listenable beats again. :manny:

Life is Good. :ahh:

GiWX1.gif