Official Nas Thread

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Whats with "Life is good" is Nas's best album since God's son" shyt people keep saying? I didn't realize that people really loved God son until LIG came out.

Not only "Life is good" was clearly better than "God's son" (which was a great album in its own right), but "Untitled" was also better. so the whole shyt doesn't make sense to me.

:pachaha: Had the same reaction...when did God's Son become the benchmark?...especially when Untitled was his previous solo album :russ:

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Untitled" sucked ass. So did most of "Street's Disciple" . "LIG" is his best album since God's Son, I'd even say it's his best album since "It Was Written".

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
"Untitled" sucked ass. So did most of "Street's Disciple" . "LIG" is his best album since God's Son, I'd even say it's his best album since "It Was Written".

:wtf: fukk NO. That album is one of the best ALBUMS in any genre of music in the past ten years. Nas dropped so many jewels on that album it was ridiculous...

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stillmatic Intro >> No Introduction
This should be pretty much unanimous I would imagine. Even though No Introduction is nice, especially the 3rd verse.

Ether = Locomotive
I know Ether is gonna get the default victory here because its Ether but Im still lovin Locomotive atm but I know most people are going to choose Ether. Personally Id go with Locomotive tho.

Got Urself << Queens Story
Queens Story is amazing. Great song.

Smokin << Accident Murderers
This ones close. Cant hate on either choice.

Youre Da Man >> Daughters
No explanation needed.

Rewind = Reach Out
Again, can easily see people going with Rewind on this. The second verse on Reach Out is just godly to me. :manny:

One Mic = World's An Addiction
Close. Came close to picking One Mic then thought about it some more and came close to going with World's An Addiction. Idk. Tough call. The rapping skill of world's an addiction or just the epicness of One Mic.

2nd Childhood >> Summer On Smash
lol

Destroy & Rebuild >> You Wouldn't Understand
Destroy And Rebuild was Nas going at mad queens dudes and killing it. Good shyt. You Wouldnt Understand is a great song too though.

The Flyest = Back When
Nas & AZ kill it on the flyest and Nas is just disgusting on Back When. If pressed Id probably go with Back When dude to Nas 2nd verse but damn its close.

Rule << Stay
Stay is great. Rule is good.

My Country << Cherry Wine
Pretty much same thought as above on this one.

What Goes Around >> Bye Baby
Both great but What Goes Around is supreme epic greatness that is difficult to comprehend.

Every Ghetto << Nasty
Nas kills Nasty.

Braveheart Party << Black Bond

Then Life is good has three more bonus tracks that are really good so its hard to compare going track by track. Im feeling Life is Good more at the moment but in half a year from now who knows.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Stillmatic Intro >> No Introduction
This should be pretty much unanimous I would imagine. Even though No Introduction is nice, especially the 3rd verse.

Ether = Locomotive
I know Ether is gonna get the default victory here because its Ether but Im still lovin Locomotive atm but I know most people are going to choose Ether. Personally Id go with Locomotive tho.

Got Urself << Queens Story
Queens Story is amazing. Great song.

Smokin << Accident Murderers
This ones close. Cant hate on either choice.

Youre Da Man >> Daughters
No explanation needed.

Rewind = Reach Out
Again, can easily see people going with Rewind on this. The second verse on Reach Out is just godly to me. :manny:

One Mic = World's An Addiction
Close. Came close to picking One Mic then thought about it some more and came close to going with World's An Addiction. Idk. Tough call. The rapping skill of world's an addiction or just the epicness of One Mic.

2nd Childhood >> Summer On Smash
lol

Destroy & Rebuild >> You Wouldn't Understand
Destroy And Rebuild was Nas going at mad queens dudes and killing it. Good shyt. You Wouldnt Understand is a great song too though.

The Flyest = Back When
Nas & AZ kill it on the flyest and Nas is just disgusting on Back When. If pressed Id probably go with Back When dude to Nas 2nd verse but damn its close.

Rule << Stay
Stay is great. Rule is good.

My Country << Cherry Wine
Pretty much same thought as above on this one.

What Goes Around >> Bye Baby
Both great but What Goes Around is supreme epic greatness that is difficult to comprehend.

Every Ghetto << Nasty
Nas kills Nasty.

Braveheart Party << Black Bond

Then Life is good has three more bonus tracks that are really good so its hard to compare going track by track. Im feeling Life is Good more at the moment but in half a year from now who knows.

One Mic in my opinion is Outstanding. Worlds An Addiction is great but One Mic is easily one of Nas's signature songs, a classic in every sense of the word

Headcase

The Angry Young Man
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
If I was to do a top 5 list of Nas albums, it'd go like this:

1. Illmatic
2. Hip-Hop is Dead
3. Life is Good
4. God's Son
5. Stillmatic / Distant Relatives

954UAlreadyknow

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:@ Nasty being better then Every Ghetto

The last verse on Every Ghetto is one of Nas best verse

The beat is waaaaaaaay better too

That's rediculous

LIG ain't fukkin with Stillmatic

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
If I was to do a top 5 list of Nas albums, it'd go like this:

1. Illmatic
2. Hip-Hop is Dead
3. Life is Good
4. God's Son
5. Stillmatic / Distant Relatives

Interesting that you have HHID so high

My list goes like this

1. It Was Written
2.Illmatic
3.Life Is Good
4.Lost Tapes
5.Stillmatic
6.Untitled
7.God Son
8. I Am
9.Streets Disciple
10.Hip Hop Is Dead
11.Nastradamus

I don't put Distant Relatives in the solo category bit if I did it would be top 5

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
:dwillhuh: :dwillhuh:

Back When >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Flyest