Official Nas Thread

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
LIG aint better than Stillmatic..

stop with the craziness. LIG is a great album that all Nas fans should enjoy after the long wait..

But Stillmatic was so much more important. Dude career was on the line basically. I wont forget the feeling I had when I popped in the CD (didnt listen to the leak) and that Stillmatic Intro hit..

LIG didnt give me that feeling like that.

I can't co-sign.

Stillmatic was just so :ohhh::lawd::noah::wow:

Nas was literally was an afterthought (not to me of course), during that time :scusthov: was blathering about having the crown. :pacspit:

Stillmatic came through
Stillmatic restored everything Nas had build since his first verse on Live at the BBQ, and cemented his :boss: GOAT status.

I was 17 when Ether dropped and the remnants still burns the soul. :ohlawd::

:to: That's my avatar
I was 17 too when I first heard stillmatic. :ohhh: that intro. Got dammit I was rewindin that shyt. Like u felt that nikka pain and struggle and hunger off the beat alone. I love LIG but ya over hyped sayin its better than Stillmatic. Nas was like "Even jigga want the crown how that sound poor thing" Like fukk ya dikk riddas that nikka aint shyt. lol Just how he responded to the beef so nonchalantly made the Ether more powerful. From the interviews with Flex and all. Plus the album was damn near a 5 mic to me.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Blah... lets go track for track in sequence of the albums

Its not that close as yall making it

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Like I said before, its weird cause strictly speaking this is the closest Nas has made an album in a minute that wasnt so polarizing between fans and critics, everyone thinks its at the very least cool. But it also feels strange placing it above Untitled, God Son, Stillmatic cause they felt like bigger event albums even though you'll get people who think them joints were tash.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was 17 too when I first heard stillmatic. :ohhh: that intro. Got dammit I was rewindin that shyt. Like u felt that nikka pain and struggle and hunger off the beat alone. I love LIG but ya over hyped sayin its better than Stillmatic. Nas was like "Even jigga want the crown how that sound poor thing" Like fukk ya dikk riddas that nikka aint shyt. lol Just how he responded to the beef so nonchalantly made the Ether more powerful. From the interviews with Flex and all. Plus the album was damn near a 5 mic to me.

Nothing will ever compare to hearing Kay Slay yell "I'ma a play that Ether tonight." The Nas Sony forum was the spot back then, and a poster kept saying they heard it and was dropping random bars. He had the board in a frenzy.

When I stayed up that night and her those :bustback: then :pachaha: "fukk you Jay-Z." :ohlawd::dead::

The next day in higschool, that's all everyone was talking about.

Forget about when Stillmatic officially dropped.

I could not stop rewinding the Intro, Ur Da Man, One Mic, Rewind, My Country, Second Childhood, The Flyest, and Poison. :wow:

Even Got Ur Self a gun song and video was :boss: Like you couldn't believe Nas sampled The Sopranos and was recreating Big and Pac last moments. :ohhh::mindblown:

That and IWW was my favorite Nas circa :to:

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Nothing will ever compare to hearing Kay Slay yell "I'ma a play that Ether tonight." The Nas Sony forum was the spot back then, and a poster kept saying they heard it and was dropping random bars. He had the board in a frenzy.

When I stayed up that night and her those :bustback: then :pachaha: "fukk you Jay-Z." :ohlawd::dead::

The next day in higschool, that's all everyone was talking about.

Forget about when Stillmatic officially dropped.

I could not stop rewinding the Intro, Ur Da Man, One Mic, Rewind, My Country, Second Childhood, The Flyest, and Poison. :wow:

Even Got Ur Self a gun song and video was :boss: Like you couldn't believe Nas sampled The Sopranos and was recreating Big and Pac last moments. :ohhh::mindblown:

That and IWW was my favorite Nas circa :to:
Same here in high school everybody was debatin that shyt. Im like ether nikka lol. But yea i think the album dropped on dec 2 2001. Like right around jay bday. Thats y we got ether day. But yea stillmatic is my shyt.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Who cares if Stillmatic is "bigger"? Of course it was bigger, look at what's played in the radio and clubs in 2012. I think impact is a completely different argument, and has less to do with artistry than the circumstances surrounding it and the nostalgia it conjures. LIG is still better song for song imo. Stillmatic is a classic too, obviously.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This should be in the rafters. Album itself though is overrated by nas stans. 3.5/5. Still his best work since God's Son

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same here in high school everybody was debatin that shyt. Im like ether nikka lol. But yea i think the album dropped on dec 2 2001. Like right around jay bday. Thats y we got ether day. But yea stillmatic is my shyt.

That was the best part of Ether.

Nas deliver the napalm bomb on the Jiggaman's born day.

:russ::bustback::pacspit::jawalrus: