Official Nas Thread

L.S.

Unregistered User
Daps
Reppin
My City
Can't wait brehs...

This is coming from a Nas fan who has been real spectacle since God Son, the tracks he played tonight were incredible
mikewhoa.png

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
J.U.S.T.I.C.E LEAGUE ‏@JusticeLeague
Just gotta say it’s an honor to work with the legend @Nas …I promise y’all our collaboration will exceed your expectations

So it's No ID, Salaam, Swizz, and Justice League

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
Ernest Estimé ‏@ErnestEstime
I'm telling you guys, Swizz Beatz took it back to true Ruff Ryder nostalgia on this track he produced for Nas.

Ernest Estimé ‏@ErnestEstime
All I'm gonna say is if this Nas feat. Swizz Beatz track drops today - on a Summer Friday?, New York will be on one again...

In attendance: Marsha Ambrosius, Swizz Beatz, Erick Sermon, Jungle, Joeyie and probably more I don’t remember or didn’t see.

- The DJ played “Ether” prior to getting into “Life Is Good” and was quickly instructed to change the record. Comedy.

- First record sounded like an intro, definitely produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E League. Fire.

- Producers that stood out J.U.S.T.I.C.E League, Salaam Remi, No I.D. & Swizz Beatz. Didn’t notice the presence/sound of anyone else.

- The Train (Prod. No I.D.) is vintage Nas, storytelling style that real Nasir Jones fans have been longing for.

- Nas references a conversation he had with Biggie before he passed.

- Accident Murderers feat. Rick Ross.

- Swizz Beatz stole the show with the two joints he produced on there one being “Summer On Smash” feat. Miguel and the other being “Street shyt” (Tentative Title). I liked Street shyt better. The hook to it is here.

- I incited Swizz and Nas into yelling “GAHDAMNNIT” in between every song.

- Last but not least, and I could be mistaken but I swear I heard “Tunechi” mentioned by someone on the mic..not sure what song it was. Marsha from SoulCulture might be able to tell you later, so don’t hold me to this one.

Nas "Life Is Good" Listening Session (Review) | DDotOmen

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
Biz did you go to the listening and if so your thoughts. And Ross and NAs have made good music so what the point of not wanting them to do another one. Only thing I dont wan is Swizzy yelling on the track

i don't think they make good music together, i think Nas sounds good over Ross' beats is the thing. all the collabs they've done, i only liked Nas' verses. Ross will spit the same verse he's been spitting for the last 2 years.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
no mention of AZ is the only downer from the listnening session.

I dont understand why.. It would be only one little fukkin song:ehh:

Personally, I dont get hyped to hear them collab but its always good to see them work together becuz of the longevity they have together.. but an AZ appearance is far from mandatory for me..

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
If 13 tracks were played (including the 3 we've heard), then these industry folks are slacking on the details.

out of the 10 remaining tracks, we've only heard minor details about...

- 2 swizz tracks
- the train
- intro
- another track with an "orchestra" sound

what about the other 5 tracks? lol

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
If 13 tracks were played (including the 3 we've heard), then these industry folks are slacking on the details.

out of the 10 remaining tracks, we've only heard minor details about...

- 2 swizz tracks
- the train
- intro
- another track with an "orchestra" sound

what about the other 5 tracks? lol

I'm sure a lot Of those people were drinking heavily, enjoying the scene, and probably weren't supposed to be tweeting/blogging anything in great detail....

The lack of detail IS highly annoying though, as the listening parties for both HHID and Untitked yielded MUCH more lengthy and detailed blog descriptions, but from I have read and the genuine excitement about the music, I think it's safe to say that Escobar Season has indeed returned...:thumbsup:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:pachaha:

I'm not even going to spoil myself and read the descriptions of the listening session.

I'm just going to suffer til the 17 :noah:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I think Nasty, The Don, and Daughters was enough appetizers.

But, the anticipation is killing me :noah: