Official Nas Thread

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know something, regardless of the hype in this thread, I'm not gonna give into it. Dude's my favorite emcee, and has been for quite a long time, but I'm not gonna give into it, and I'll tell you why.

1. I was hyped for Prometheus this year, and while visually it was beautiful, storywise it was awful.

2. The Pacquio/Bradley fight decision. I was rooting for Bradley prior to the fight, but it was obvious, he lost that shyt. To add insult to injury, he was awarded the decision. That was an embarrasment to the sport and Bob Arum should be taken out back and executed.

3. Refs missed that call on Durant tonight. He should have been on the freethrow line to tie the game up with 6 seconds left.

My point is, the past few weeks have been very disappointing gentlemen. Nas has disappointed me many times in the past, although what he has blessed us with more than makes up for his shortcomings. I know this comes off like a bytch but, I don't want to get hurt again. I'm tired of being hurt.

4. Canibus choking in his battle.

Adding that with everything you said really has me worried about this album now. :sadcam:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I'm seeing nothing but tweets from industry nikkas saying the album is incredible

can't wait

I try to stay away from posts like this cause it just increases anticipation :to:

*doesnt return till week before relase date*

*checks back in 5 minutes later for updates*

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
You know something, regardless of the hype in this thread, I'm not gonna give into it. Dude's my favorite emcee, and has been for quite a long time, but I'm not gonna give into it, and I'll tell you why.

1. I was hyped for Prometheus this year, and while visually it was beautiful, storywise it was awful.

2. The Pacquio/Bradley fight decision. I was rooting for Bradley prior to the fight, but it was obvious, he lost that shyt. To add insult to injury, he was awarded the decision. That was an embarrasment to the sport and Bob Arum should be taken out back and executed.

3. Refs missed that call on Durant tonight. He should have been on the freethrow line to tie the game up with 6 seconds left.

My point is, the past few weeks have been very disappointing gentlemen. Nas has disappointed me many times in the past, although what he has blessed us with more than makes up for his shortcomings. I know this comes off like a bytch but, I don't want to get hurt again. I'm tired of being hurt.

:childplease: :yawn:

speak for yourself....by July we ALL :eat:

CHAIN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cabo Verde
Ppl need to stop acting like industry nikkas ain't the biggest dikk riders known to this culture, ...theyre just tryna get ahead. nikkas said J.cole‘s shyt was on illmatic, rd level
nikkas said ‘welcome to the jungle‘ was one of swizz best works.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Ppl need to stop acting like industry nikkas ain't the biggest dikk riders known to this culture, ...theyre just tryna get ahead. nikkas said J.cole‘s shyt was on illmatic, rd level

lol I remember all those, none of them even remotely true, lol at 'Welcome To The Jungle' garbage, repetitive beat. Remember when Dame Dash said Jim Jones 'Pray IV Reign' was a classic in the vein of 'Reasonable Doubt':laugh:

Daps

Daps
Reppin
http://youtu.be/pXzHOOuCYZc

The man has ripped everything for a few months now.The only mistsep I can think of is BGLII.

The album is about to be fire breh.

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
am i the only one who doesn't want a nas/ross record? I only like Nas on his shyt to hear him over those beats, Ross is cool but i don't want hear him spitting duck tales alongside the Don.

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Biz did you go to the listening and if so your thoughts. And Ross and NAs have made good music so what the point of not wanting them to do another one. Only thing I dont wan is Swizzy yelling on the track

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Nas Gets Nostalgic at Life is Good Album Listening Party
Published on June 15th, 2012 by Georgette.

Nas gave fans a sneak peek into his 10th studio album titled Life is Good, at the New Museum in New York City. Truly a celebration, the intimate space was plastered with memorabilia of The Don himself, with photos of his current singles as well as a blast from his musical career past. A slew of hits from Nas’ catalog welcomed guests as they anxiously waited the listening session of the milestone album for an artist who has changed lives, dealt with personal trials and tribulations publicly, yet still coming out on top looking better than ever. Guest appearances included his brother Jungle, DJ Khaled, Erick Sermon, and Swizz Beatz.

Joie Manda, the new president of Def Jam Music Group, introduced Nas who then kicked it off Queensbridge style. They started off with the intro track, which carried an uptempo beat yet very personal lyrics. Other tracks included Accidental Murderer, which the DJ played back several times and other songs whose track titles weren’t mentioned as they were played. He performed his latest track Daughters and beaming like the proud father he was, shouted out other fathers for Father’s Day as well as his daughter’s birthday. He turned it up again, bringing Swizz Beatz to the stage to introduce the first track they worked on called Summer on Smash. They took it a step further and performed another Swizz track that’s sure to be a radio smash. Before Nas’ verse could drop, the crowd went crazy as they kept screaming back the hook for this untitled track. The DJ ran it back several times. Nas and Swizz even toyed around with the idea of dropping it today.

Nas brought his musical career back full circle on this album, solidifying his longevity and well deserved success despite the controversies over the years. While still remaining true to his lyricism, a diversity of tracks can be heard on this album, including those who still want the Illmatic Nas coupled with those who want to hear something new. Feeling his energy from across the room, he truly emulated his album title.

Rumored to be his last album with Def Jam, his 10th studio LP is a celebration for hip hop as well as himself. Life is Good hits stores July 17th.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Nas Gets Nostalgic at Life is Good Album Listening Party
Published on June 15th, 2012 by Georgette.

Nas gave fans a sneak peek into his 10th studio album titled Life is Good, at the New Museum in New York City. Truly a celebration, the intimate space was plastered with memorabilia of The Don himself, with photos of his current singles as well as a blast from his musical career past. A slew of hits from Nas’ catalog welcomed guests as they anxiously waited the listening session of the milestone album for an artist who has changed lives, dealt with personal trials and tribulations publicly, yet still coming out on top looking better than ever. Guest appearances included his brother Jungle, DJ Khaled, Erick Sermon, and Swizz Beatz.

Joie Manda, the new president of Def Jam Music Group, introduced Nas who then kicked it off Queensbridge style. They started off with the intro track, which carried an uptempo beat yet very personal lyrics. Other tracks included Accidental Murderer, which the DJ played back several times and other songs whose track titles weren’t mentioned as they were played. He performed his latest track Daughters and beaming like the proud father he was, shouted out other fathers for Father’s Day as well as his daughter’s birthday. He turned it up again, bringing Swizz Beatz to the stage to introduce the first track they worked on called Summer on Smash. They took it a step further and performed another Swizz track that’s sure to be a radio smash. Before Nas’ verse could drop, the crowd went crazy as they kept screaming back the hook for this untitled track. The DJ ran it back several times. Nas and Swizz even toyed around with the idea of dropping it today.

Nas brought his musical career back full circle on this album, solidifying his longevity and well deserved success despite the controversies over the years. While still remaining true to his lyricism, a diversity of tracks can be heard on this album, including those who still want the Illmatic Nas coupled with those who want to hear something new. Feeling his energy from across the room, he truly emulated his album title.

Rumored to be his last album with Def Jam, his 10th studio LP is a celebration for hip hop as well as himself. Life is Good hits stores July 17th.

:ohmy:

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility

Only thing that had anything to do with Nas. All that other shyt is irrelevant and out of Nas's control.

Ppl need to stop acting like industry nikkas ain't the biggest dikk riders known to this culture, ...theyre just tryna get ahead.

This could be true. At this point what motivation do they have to dikkride Nas or gas his shyt up. Son has been in the game 20 years. At this point in his career and their career, what do they have to gain from misrepresenting what their ears heard at last night's listening session?

nikkas said J.cole‘s shyt was on illmatic, rd level

I agree that this is a problem. People have a tendency to exaggerate and overblow shyt. Why? I have no idea. It seems like they have to compare hip-hop today to hip-hop of yesterday in order to give some kind of legitimacy to what they're hearing today. Always potentially problematic when you start making those kind of comparisons. The things is that we'll eventually get to hear the shyt and make our own determinations of whether the shyt is hot or not.

The man has ripped everything for a few months now.The only mistsep I can think of is BGLII.

The album is about to be fire breh.

This. It's one thing to accept another man's word, but if you've been listening to the singles Nas has released and the features he's given other artists, I don't know how you can't be excited---even if just guardedly so---considering we're all Nas fans. At this point, I'm done trying to executive produce Nas's records. I just try to appreciate and enjoy his artistic creativity. Dude is a living legend.

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't it weird that Nas dropped 3 videos already off "life is good" before its release? shyt, the double platinum plus "I am" had only 2 videos and the second video got banned a couple of days after its premeir.