Official Nas Thread

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Long shot but does anyone know where I can find a downloadable link to Nas' Behind the Music Episode from earlier in the year?

I know Yardie got this stream link but its constantly breaking and youtube's had it blocked for ages.

Links

Nas

Video: NaS – Behind The Music [Full 40-Min. Episode] « Okayplayer | okayplayer.com

heavy sent, cause a storm, typhoon, flood you out
you are what a thug about, i'm a fukkin juggernaut
Never sleep, never tire, keep a freak I tie up
Who don’t speak, she quiet, So I can think, conspire

nsty_kg.gif

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Dont know if its been posted but here is Deadend hiphop's review on Life is good I mostly respect their opinions on reviews same as needle drop but this one I dont. Just off their stance alone. Besides feefo. I respect it but just wow lol Just how K binges arms are folded before pushin play. U know wat it is lol

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont know if its been posted but here is Deadend hiphop's review on Life is good Nas - Life Is Good Album Review | DEHH - YouTube I mostly respect their opinions on reviews same as needle drop but this one I dont. Just off their stance alone. Besides feefo. I respect it but just wow lol Just how K binges arms are folded before pushin play. U know wat it is lol

these guys are cool, I love their channel. but I don't take them too seriously as critics. They ALWAYS forget song titles of the album they review. Plus they aren't too eloquent nor technical enough for me:

"Yeah. I like the album. it's dope. it pumps in the whip. Go cop it!"

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I want Ziggiy and everyone in here a week ago blaming Def Jam for undershipping to come back in here to explain this. :heh:

...and fukk sales.

What do u need explained? Numerous reports of stores being sold out hurt first week sales. Nas fans/ hip-hop heads might have gone to multiple stores to cop, but your casual tuesday walk-ins wont. Like I said, I think he could have pushed 200k with the proper shipments.

also significant 2nd week drop-off's are the norm for hip-hop artists. Either way I salute GOAT for doing these numbers...#1 album 2 weeks in a row is :ahh: status.

:bow: Thank You Nasir

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
What do u need explained? Numerous reports of stores being sold out hurt first week sales. Nas fans/ hip-hop heads might have gone to multiple stores to cop, but your casual tuesday walk-ins wont. Like I said, I think he could have pushed 200k with the proper shipments.

also significant 2nd week drop-off's are the norm for hip-hop artists. Either way I salute GOAT for doing these numbers...#1 album 2 weeks in a row is :ahh: status.

:bow: Thank You Nasir

So you're telling me that fans went into stores, saw that LIG was sold out, went home, and downloaded the album for free? You telling me that was the experience for 60,000+ people?

They couldn't go to another store that had it? They couldn't order it off Amazon? They couldn't buy the MP3 version off iTunes/Amazon? They couldn't wait a week?

By your logic, those 2nd-week numbers should be 60,000+.

If everyone who has a copy of the album actually bought the album, the numbers might be an important indicator of something, but that's not the case. So be clear, I'm not trying to front on Nas. Son put out a good album and people should support it if they like it. It's just funny/amusing how some of y'all tell the story.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
So you're telling me that fans went into stores, saw that LIG was sold out, went home, and downloaded the album for free? You telling me that was the experience for 60,000+ people?

They couldn't go to another store that had it? They couldn't order it off Amazon? They couldn't buy the MP3 version off iTunes/Amazon? They couldn't wait a week?

By your logic, those 2nd-week numbers should be 60,000+.

If everyone who has a copy of the album actually bought the album, the numbers might be an important indicator of something, but that's not the case. So be clear, I'm not trying to front on Nas. Son put out a good album and people should support it if they like it. It's just funny/amusing how some of y'all tell the story.

No thats kinda the opposite of what I'm saying. I worked at Best Buy before and I know how many casual buyers come in the store every tuesday just to see what has come out for the week. All of us who visit 5 hip-hop blogs daily, check soundscan religiously arent the same people that visit stores on their lunch break just to check out whats on the New Release wall/table.

:dwillhuh: How does someone buy an item that isn't available to be purchased?Especially from an artist that doesnt make Top 40 records? You dont see how that could possibly affect sales?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I want Ziggiy and everyone in here a week ago blaming Def Jam for undershipping to come back in here to explain this. :heh:

...and fukk sales.

If you REALLY were reading my posts you would've seen that I changed my stance and said that they didnt undership as much as that they were relying on digital sales more than physical sales. Makes sense as the past few big sellers have had huge first week digital numbes (MBDTF, WTT, Etc.) I have a friend who works at best buy who told me himself that the physical inventory they received for Life Is Good was lower than they normally received. :ehh: either way the final second week numbers aren't tallied yet, he was predicted to do 125k last week and did 149 so he might do 35k this week. Two weeks at number 1 is a win in any matter.:yeshrug: This would mark his first two week consecutive number 1 album since when.....It Was Written?? That was well over 16 years ago. He's still here and his music is still relevant:thumbsup:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Seeing as how I see on iTunes that Life is Good is number 5 on there, and that he will likely finish up as number one overall, that would kind of support the claim by many that the physical copies may have been under shipped. If people were waiting until the next week to purchase the physical copy and this boosted the album's numbers to number one again, then yeah the theory has some legs.

:yeshrug:

Daps
Um, the hits chart showed Nas at 139k last week. And he's on track for another 50k. That's not a large drop by any sense.

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
No thats kinda the opposite of what I'm saying. I worked at Best Buy before and I know how many casual buyers come in the store every tuesday just to see what has come out for the week. All of us who visit 5 hip-hop blogs daily, check soundscan religiously arent the same people that visit stores on their lunch break just to check out whats on the New Release wall/table.

:dwillhuh: How does someone buy an item that isn't available to be purchased?Especially from an artist that doesnt make Top 40 records? You dont see how that could possibly affect sales?

So you are telling me people go to the store to check for artists that they aren't already checking for or who don't make Top 40 records? :mindblown: I guess I only go to the store to buy a specific CD/artist I know is dropping.

If you REALLY were reading my posts you would've seen that I changed my stance and said that they didnt undership as much as that they were relying on digital sales more than physical sales. Makes sense as the past few big sellers have had huge first week digital numbes (MBDTF, WTT, Etc.) I have a friend who works at best buy who told me himself that the physical inventory they received for Life Is Good was lower than they normally received. :ehh: either way the final second week numbers aren't tallied yet, he was predicted to do 125k last week and did 149 so he might do 35k this week. Two weeks at number 1 is a win in any matter.:yeshrug: This would mark his first two week consecutive number 1 album since when.....It Was Written?? That was well over 16 years ago. He's still here and his music is still relevant:thumbsup:

And that's all that really matters. Crazy how much the industry has changed, though. I remember only going gold was considered flopping.