Official Nas Thread

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
So you are telling me people go to the store to check for artists that they aren't already checking for or who don't make Top 40 records? :mindblown: I guess I only go to the store to buy a specific CD/artist I know is dropping.

:usure: You never went to a store and purchased something you didnt intend on buying?

Nas would have sold another 40k if the customers could have seen how clean his taper was on the album cover :wow:

At the end of the day we #1 two weeks straight... :jawalrus:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Anybody cop this book?

born_to_use_mics_reading_nass_illmatic.jpg

First day cop

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
:usure: You never went to a store and purchased something you didnt intend on buying?

Nas would have sold another 40k if the customers could have seen how clean his taper was on the album cover :wow:

At the end of the day we #1 two weeks straight... :jawalrus:

:russ:

I ain't gonna lie to you. I don't really buy albums from the store. If their not an artist I'm checking for, I have to have heard some/most of the project before I buy it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Looking forward to next week, I hope we can keep him in the top 5. GFID will surely be number 1 so def jam having 2 top ten albums on the charts is a good look. Keeping Life Is Good sales steady will only help us in our next major goal...

LOST TAPES 2:mj::mj::mj:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I know Wiki may not be a reliable source but
Life Is Good was released by Def Jam Recordings; it was Nas' last album for the label.[17] Three singles were released in promotion of the album: "Nasty" on August 9, 2011, "The Don" on April 3, 2012, and "Daughters" on July 17.[18] Nas promoted the album with television appearances and performances on The Colbert Report, Late Show with David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and 106 & Park.[4] He also headlined the Rock the Bells music festival and emarked on a three-week European tour during June and July.[4][/IMG]
Life Is Good (Nas album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't even realize 3 singles were already released. Two of them joints were straight directed towards hiphop heads and not the casual radio listener, and one was a conscious track with a semi commercial feel to it. Nas really doesn't give a shyt about commercial appeal but why the fuk would u still put Summer on Smash on ur album tho?

:what:

Anyway I think Nas needs to drop Cherry Wine as a single, cacs and the alternative crowd are fiendin for new Amy winehouse music (the usual when someone dies, death is the best promotion) and releasing a video for that song would definitely help the album do more numbers

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
28,757 with 52.57% of the numbers in, not bad at all.

About the debate on people buying an album by somebody they weren't checking for, I know some people who do. They walk into a Best Buy, Target, whatever, may not have heard an artist for awhile but it's somebody they're somewhat a fan of or they've listened to in the past and say, wow, I didn't know he had an album dropping, I might have to check this out. I doubt there's 40k people who would've followed this logic, but hey, I know it happens.

But dead at Frank Ocean only on track to do less than 6.5k. Is the album still digital only? It's gonna be hard to have any kind of legs if so.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I know Wiki may not be a reliable source but

I didn't even realize 3 singles were already released. Two of them joints were straight directed towards hiphop heads and not the casual radio listener, and one was a conscious track with a semi commercial feel to it. Nas really doesn't give a shyt about commercial appeal but why the fuk would u still put Summer on Smash on ur album tho?

:what:

Anyway I think Nas needs to drop Cherry Wine as a single, cacs and the alternative crowd are fiendin for the new Amy winehouse music and release a video for that song would definitely help the album do more numbers

Major labels wont give you a release date unless you have a mainstream record they could push...

Same reason why Untitled had Make The World Go Round

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
:dwillhuh:

Nas must drop Cherry wine as next single!1

:shake:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Was taking a break from listening to the LiG album and playing my whole library on random when Suspects from IWW came on. :wow: Had to listen to the whole IWW album. Almost forgot how much I loved this album. I used to bump the hell out of it. :wow: