Official Nas Thread

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
need to swing by Best Buy later today

brehs, the t shirt wack or what? is it some ugly ass shyt coming down to my knees and I could a family in it?

*AP

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the shirt for those wondering
f_nasshirt0701_02.jpg

I think I'm gonna have to pass because the shirt's only 1 size, probably a large :yeshrug:

GETTINIT23

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the shirt for those wondering
f_nasshirt0701_02.jpg

I think I'm gonna have to pass because the shirt's only 1 size, probably a large :yeshrug:

Its a pretty good sized XL...im 6'1 205 and it fits me pretty well....if ur a lot bigger than id pass on it but if ur smaller then just throw it in the dryer and itll shrink

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
I respect dudes opinion but heres the part that has always confused me:

To me the moments of brilliance have always been enough. Any a$$hole can put together a "consistent" and enjoyable album Young Dro, Paul Wall...literally anybody. Nas gets on his weird shyt and sometimes its great sometimes its not...but isnt that the point?

Maybe its just me, but I don't really enjoy "safe" sounding regular ass music...

One other thing that's been percolating in my mind as I read these reviews

Deep Thought: All the reviewers want to name-check Illmatic, but if they'd been reviewing in 94, what would they have said about Illmatic?

You know what I mean? It's easy for me in any genre decades later to say "X's new album doesn't meet their [debut classic]", but if I had listened to their classic debut without knowing it's a classic, what would my take have been?

I submit that when you take half these reviewers, as persons, and put them in 1994, they wouldn't have been raving about Illmatic. The people who mention Jay-Z now would have been mentioning Snoop then.. same sh1t

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps

Deep Thought: All the reviewers want to name-check Illmatic, but if they'd been reviewing in 94, what would they have said about Illmatic?

You know what I mean? It's easy for me in any genre decades later to say "X's new album doesn't meet their [debut classic]", but if I had listened to their classic debut without knowing it's a classic, what would my take have been?

I submit that when you take half these reviewers, as persons, and put them in 1994, they wouldn't have been raving about Illmatic. The people who mention Jay-Z now would have been mentioning Snoop then.. same sh1t
Yeah I've thought the same thing. Its kind of like fake-reverance for Illmatic that the reviewer uses as a crutch cuz hip hop writers have sh!tty analytical skills.

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
Brooklyn keep on taking it, Manhattan keep on making it
Trying to leave Queens out
But we was pulling them Beems out, them M3s out
Pumping, bringing them Ds out
Rastas selling chocolate weed inside of a weed house

Son is spitting and that beat :blink:

Daps

All Eyez on Me/7DT and Stillmatic had pretty bad critical reviews from pop critics as well when they came out; all because Nas/Pac were beefing with industry favorites at the time.

These albums aren't going to get the recognition they deserve until Nas is dead; and that too is only a small possibility. It's just the way the world works.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Its a pretty good sized XL...im 6'1 205 and it fits me pretty well....if ur a lot bigger than id pass on it but if ur smaller then just throw it in the dryer and itll shrink

I'm 6'4 200, wonder how this shyt going to fit, maybe a workout shirt if the fit is as wack as I think it is