Official Nas Thread

RoseWooD

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My girl jus left Best Buy on her lunch break and said she jus got the last deluxe edition and damn near had to fight for it:gladbron::youngsabo:

SquirtleSwag

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just to let y'all know that CNN review is the just the EW review re-published. It even says so at the top.

Only negative to mediocre reviews I've read are New York Post (no surprise), Popmatters (they're bugging) The Atlantic and a couple of Canadian papers giving him 3 out of 5.

Metacritic has him at a 72 after 7 reviews but 4 out of those 7 gave him a 4 stars (or in this case an 80% score and there's one review where meta judged it at a 60 but it didnt seem like the reviewer was downing him that bad).

So overall not bad. But this is the thing, if you look at Nas' recent albums he mostly gets good reviews (3-4 out of 5, somewhere in the 75% average). That's not really a bad critical score, its just we as Hip-Hop heads view anything with 3.5 or less as wack (Call it growing up reading the Source maybe?). Heck, when Metacritic listed their top 10 reviews of the 2000s, Nas had a higher score than Jay-Z. So like I've said, he's never really fallen off or been considered wack when you compare him to OTHER hip-hop artists. Its just he gets harshly judged and its comes with a bit more scrutiny. But overall he does alright.

I know it'll be a shame if the reviews come out and give him 7 out of 10's, but at some point gotta give this dude credit for sounding still good 10 albums in. I would say compare him to KRS, LL or one of those dudes 10 albums in. Honestly I feel like only Jigga has been that consistent for 10 albums deep and then Nas too.

Both of these dudes are only cementing their top 5 status not falling off. I dont understand how people can say that about both dudes for years. They wont give you Reasonable Doubt or Illmatic, they dont need to.
The thing about music is everyone has their own idea of what they want to hear or expect to hear, music reviews are so much more subjective than say something like a movie review. While, still subjective its not nearly as subjective as an album review. So basically, fukk the critics because I'm :mj: with this shyt Nas is here to pop thousand dollar bottles of scotch, smoke weed and heal the people. :dj2:

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
You Wouldn't Understand :dj2:

tumblr_l9tje28vFG1qzpegpo1_500.gif

I love Victoria Monet's voice