Official Nas Thread

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright, just went back to their Nas reviews, and yeah, LIG does fall within their top 3 Nas reviews. :manny:

The review certainly hails the album, but some of its critique, like the sequencing of some of the tracks and its take (although vague) on the bonus tracks, were off, in my opinion.

Part of this is because of the 5/10 that Flash gave It Was Written back in 1996 :russ:

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
Just copped deluxe version..support this shyt..album must not flop!

I bought 1 copy from amazon for my little nephew ...1 deluxe version box edition thing for me and Im gonna buy one off Itunes

guess Im a stan

images

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
For the people that ordered the bundle online, does your tracking show it'll be delivered today?

Tracking shows its in my city but has delivery for tomorrow.... Im too impatient and I need that physical copy :noah:

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Only negative to mediocre reviews I've read are New York Post (no surprise), Popmatters (they're bugging) The Atlantic and a couple of Canadian papers giving him 3 out of 5.

Just read the Atlantic review.. I like that he seems to know his stuff

What's Stopping Nas From Recording Another Classic Album? - Jack Hamilton - The Atlantic

that is to say, although I think the "omg it's not illmatic" theme is just lazy, at least the reviewer knows Nas' history and has listened to LiG the whole way through etc.

Jet

Banned
Daps
Just copped the best buy deluxe edition. At first I couldn't find it cause it wasn't in the new release section, nor the rap section. I asked a best buy rep (who said he was a nas fan, but didn't know the album dropped today :wtf:) and he didn't know where it was either. But it was all good, the fellow nas brethren's pointed it out for me. Oh, and for those wondering, the shirt was a x-large.

Go out and support brehs!

Shammago

By Any Means
Daps
Reppin
Sun rises in the East
LOL, it would be funny if some cats who preordered this album and are STILL waiting for it to be delivered. :russ:

I music digitally get my stuff off Itunes or amazon.com

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
For the people that ordered the bundle online, does your tracking show it'll be delivered today?

Tracking shows its in my city but has delivery for tomorrow.... Im too impatient and I need that physical copy :noah:

no it says tommorow for me ...they used the absolute cheapest shipping possible ... you cant even get it off UPS website normally

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Just copped the best buy deluxe edition. At first I couldn't find it cause it wasn't in the new release section, nor the rap section. I asked a best buy rep (who said he was a nas fan, but didn't know the album dropped today :wtf:) and he didn't know where it was either. But it was all good, the fellow nas brethren's pointed it out for me. Oh, and for those wondering, the shirt was a x-large.

Go out and support brehs!
gonna be at the free show tomorrow:win::win: