Official Nas Thread

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Rapreviews did a great review, only thing I didn't agree with was his take on the bonus tracks, and he didn't really give a good reason. Black Bond has one of the most phenomenal beats Nas ever rapped on, and he murders it. But at least it was a well thought out (heartfelt even) review, not that biased shyt Allmusic did, making no valid points throught the entire goddamn review. (the audacity to compare Nasty to anything Jim Jones related smh)
Edit:

Meh... I disagree with a few things in their review, particularly his assessment of 'Reach Out' and 'You wouldnt understand' and like you said, the bonus tracks. Given that rapreviews hands out straight 10's like it's nothing, it's a little disappointing that they didn't do it here. How can they say LIG is surely to enter the Nas' top 3 debate when it's not even within their top 3 Nas album in terms of rating.

EDIT: LIG does fall within their top 3 Nas album ratings.

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
Meh... I disagree with A LOT in their review and given that rapreviews hands out straight 10's like it's nothing, it's a little disappointing that they didn't do it here. How can they say LIG is surely to enter the Nas' top 3 debate when it's not even within their top 3 Nas album in terms of rating.

Never been to the site but DAMN that shyt makes no sense :heh:

NovaKane

Swazy
Daps
Bought my copy about 20 minutes ago. I think the shirts that come with the joint at Best Buy only come in one size. No sizes were specified on any of the boxes. It's all good though. Still got it for about $11 with a coupon :lolbron:

Can't wait until I get off work :ahh:

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Never been to the site but DAMN that shyt makes no sense :heh:

Alright, just went back to their Nas reviews, and yeah, LIG does fall within their top 3 Nas reviews. :manny:

The review certainly hails the album, but some of its critique, like the sequencing of some of the tracks and its take (although vague) on the bonus tracks, were off, in my opinion.

Daps
Rap reviews gave HHID a 10 but only gave LIG a 9?:wtf:

allmusic gave LIG a 3, and they've been one of the more positive Nas reviews for the last decade.

Of course, the LIG and Stillmatic ratings stick out like sore thumbs though.

Even popmatters have it a 5/10, but it's apparently only one take. Nodima gave it an 8, which will likely end up being the other review (I think he still writes for them).

RoseWooD

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bought my copy about 20 minutes ago. I think the shirts that come with the joint at Best Buy only come in one size. No sizes were specified on any of the boxes. It's all good though. Still got it for about $11 with a coupon :lolbron:

Can't wait until I get off work :ahh:
Only one size shirt?:rudy: smh....

deeznutz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I don't understand why anyone would pay to download music

I'm copping the deluxe on my lunch break today :myman:

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Edit:

Meh... I disagree with a few things in their review, particularly his assessment of 'Reach Out' and 'You wouldnt understand' and like you said, the bonus tracks. Given that rapreviews hands out straight 10's like it's nothing, it's a little disappointing that they didn't do it here. How can they say LIG is surely to enter the Nas' top 3 debate when it's not even within their top 3 Nas album in terms of rating.

EDIT: LIG does fall within their top 3 Nas album ratings.

I don't really on agree on the sequencing point either, but those 2 songs along with SOS are my least favorite (not bad, but my least favorite). But for the most part it's a well funded review, exacty what de AM review wasn't

They are handing out 10/10's like it's nothing though, that shyt makes no sense and they're not consistent with it either.