Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
We doin 200k breh

nas fanbase respects his efforts they will BUY the album....

nas is one of maybe 4 rappers on the planet that no matter what his hype/buzz is will be supported by his CORE-FAN BASE

thats why he is able to make the music HE WANTS TO MAKE

the label KNOWS that he is goin GOLD regardless just off the strength of the die-hards....

there is NO hip-hop like this in the mainstream.. there are many heads out there THIRSTY for "VINTAGE" hip-hop on a mainstream level...

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
I think yall expectations are too high. Usher and Chris Brown both couldn't even crack 140K... I know yall gonna talk about Nas' loyal fanbase, but that's not the only reason his last 2 albums did good numbers. They were surrounded by controversy, this one is not

he's performing on Letterman, Kimmel, Colbert Report and might be on 106&Park this week so that's a good look.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think yall expectations are too high. Usher and Chris Brown both couldn't even crack 140K... I know yall gonna talk about Nas' loyal fanbase, but that's not the only reason his last 2 albums did good numbers. They were surrounded by controversy, this one is not

he's performing on Letterman, Kimmel, Colbert Report and might be on 106&Park this week so that's a good look.

However on the FLIP SIDE you have artists such as J.Cole who did 200k off a 4 year tour grind, building his fanbase from the grounds up. Nas ALREADY has that fanbase which is why I feel that his unit moving prowess is underrated. I'm not expecting any astronomical numbers or anything, but NORTH of 200k (180) isn't too much of a stretch

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
the young generation has been EXPOSED to NAS

through HIS NICKI and TYGA + ROSS features

EM did the same shyt... he was FT on nicki album and wayne album.... he sold 2x as much on recovery comapred to RELAPSE

hope it workd for MR.JONES

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i been tryna figure out who nas sounded like on the mary J Blige track, and it kinda reminded me of wale, not entirely but kinda similar to "Dont Hold Your Applause". did anyone else pick that up?

TMillzy

Pro
Daps
I'll say he does 150k, hopefully whatever numbers he does it will give him the #1 album. That would be 3 in a row.