Official Nas Thread

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Check out the oracle bred from city housing
Nas, I'll rise the deads by thousands
:ahh::ahh::ahh:

Nas is the only rapper that can use words like "oracle" and "esoteric" and not come off corny as hell. Dude is really a street poet. Langston Hughes reincarnated.

Populair

Guess what?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just a Kid From Chicago
Almost a year ago, I remember hearing "Nasty" and being completely blown away by how Nas sounded on that track; it was just a lyrical onslaught that continued throughout the song.... Fast forward to the Life is Good and Nas maintain that same aggressive and poignant lyricism that was first displayed on "Nasty", throughout an entire album :wow:. Just incredible.....

Also, "Cherry Wine" is so damn soulful, Amy Winehouse voice could be mistaken for a sample circa 1960's/70's. They captured lightning in a bottle in terms of the song sounding vintage, modern, soulful, and classical... It's all encompassed in this one song.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Most underrated track to me is You Won't Understand, that chick really killed the hook and Buckwild did a nice throwback chill beat that works and is not dull. Nas of course buried the track lyrically.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
one thing I noticed is this album makes Nas seem like a 'good sport'. I think it's clear he's been paying attention to the internet critics, but he basically ran with the stuff they were throwing at him. he didn't come off like "fukk you internets, I'm Nas Escobar and who the fukk are you". rather he actually came out and spoke on shyt like his divorce and his daughter. I think people really appreciate shyt like that. it just makes him more 'human'

:yeshrug:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Reach Out is tough. Vintage hiphop imo. Something about those drums and Hot Day's scratches. Sounds like summer.

yeah, it sounds dirty, like a dj really manually looping that break

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can still feel chills from The Team /
on 118,
my n!gga Ben fly by like it's a dream

back when Black Rock & Ron was on the map /
cheeba in yellow sacs,
dope sold in laundrymats

queens >>>>>

genesis09

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:merchant:I dont think anything besides this album and the Spitta x Harry Fraud are going to be played by me for a while LIFE IS GOOD :lawd: