Official Nas Thread

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Make em clap to this, make em clap to this :clap:

Nice to see You Wouldnt Undestand getting respect. I was saying earlier that when the dust settles it and Bye Baby will be considered > QUeens Story and the other tracks

They're my fav tracks right now with stay. I said it 2 weeks ago at the listening session that bye baby would be what I consider the real gem of this album, the one song that 100% recaps the life is good meaning.

Wow HHID that was an amazing review :to: I couldn't have said it better, how did u find it?

Saw it on KTT. Wanted to do one myself but dude here said it better than I could..

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
found a pic and asked one of these nikkas to edit it like them smilies....

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
found a pic and asked one of these nikkas to edit it like them smilies....

Got myself a tee shirt with this pic on it

Everytime I play A Queens Story, the beat catches me off guard and I'm like :whoo::dj2::stylin:

Haha same here. Especially the beginning of it. Sometimes when I blast it way too loud in the headphones, at certain parts shyt even scares me
Really happy that people are feelin this song, I remember at the listening session when I heard it first, I felt like wtf this is way too complicated for the average listener, shyt will go over people's heads...Salaam killed it in so many ways on that beat its hard to describe...I wonder how it was produced, did he have a live orchestra play it for him in the booth. I think I saw in the credits many of his songs on LIG contain samples of other songs by him...wonder what that is all about

Daps
Reppin
NULL
With so many standout tracks, im saying You Woun't Understand is the best track. That song is for everyone, young and old, hood and yuppie. I know AZ mad he aint on this track.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Got myself a tee shirt with this pic on it

Haha same here. Especially the beginning of it. Sometimes when I blast it way too loud in the headphones, at certain parts shyt even scares me
Really happy that people are feelin this song, I remember at the listening session when I heard it first, I felt like wtf this is way too complicated for the average listener, shyt will go over people's heads...Salaam killed it in so many ways on that beat its hard to describe...I wonder how it was produced, did he have a live orchestra play it for him in the booth. I think I saw in the credits many of his songs on LIG contain samples of other songs by him...wonder what that is all about

He certainly did kill it. I'm not really old enough for all the old school stuff although I am a fan of artists from that era, the beat and track as a whole make me feel that this is how hip-hop (for the most part) should be done. The production especially.

That last verse on World's An Addiction aswell, jesus wept. Stands out everytime. Most rappers would struggle to make an album as good as that verse.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Best beat on the album?

I say Daughters

btw. One of my closest friends had a daughter a few days ago. I just posted the daughters video on his facebook, I doubt he has heard it. I expect that nikka to feel it in his soul.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Back When
Red Cherry Wine
Bye Baby

Are my personal favorites. This album is a breathe of fresh between the big 3. I would put StillMatic or even untitled before this. Nas is still the king :yayo:

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
my favorites so far in order (excluded Trust, haven't listened enough)

Bye Baby
Daughters
Stay
Queens Story
Cherry Wine
Roses
World's An Addiction
No Introduction
Loco Motive
Back When
The Black Bond
Where's The Love
The Don
Nasty
Summer on Smash
Reach Out
Accident Murderers
You Wouldn't Understand

BossMobb

Knewgoat the novel every Black American should own
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
With so many standout tracks, im saying You Woun't Understand is the best track. That song is for everyone, young and old, hood and yuppie. I know AZ mad he aint on this track.

word when You Wouldn't Understand comes on it takes me back to when How Ya Living dropped. that joint is fire, i cant pick a best track though too much heat.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
It was soulful how Amy ended the song on cherry red wine, I wanted to :wow:
We need to go back to that brehs, the roots of are souls.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ahh: where's the love doesnt get enough love

beat comes out hard...flow comes out the gate hard. lost tapes-esque prehook...FIRE!!!!!

"this aint the truman show, its the human show"

simple yet effective