Official Nas Thread

H.S.

All Star
Daps
How do y'all feel about this version of Accident Murderers without Rick Ross?

[ame=http://www.sharebeast.com/8qjik0cbe3xb]Nas - Accident Murderer (DJ Smu's No Ross Edit).mp3[/ame]

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Amy's pops and Salaam Remi both said Amy had a dozens of unreleased demos/ half songs left in the vault

How would yal feel if a Nas/Amy album were to drop?

With Salaam being the gatekeeper of her tracks its highly possible.

What do yal think? I personally wouldn't mind, and I think the idea would be far better than a duets album with various different artist (which is what they'll probably end up doing) I'd rather just hear her voice with the best rapper alive and no one else.

:ahh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Amy's pops and Salaam Remi both said Amy had a dozens of unreleased demos/ half songs left in the vault

With Salaam being the gatekeeper of her tracks its highly possible.

What do yal think? I personally wouldn't mind, and I think the idea would be far better than a duets album with various different artist (which is what they'll probably end up doing) I'd rather just here her voice with the best rapper alive and no one else.

Not an entire album. You also have to take into account that not all of the posthumous material is considered the artists "best" work, there's a reason that some of that material hasn't seen the light of day...

H.S.

All Star
Daps

I was just thinking how Salaam should let Nas rap over any and all Amy tracks he has stashed in the vaults. They make for an incredible duo.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Not an entire album. You also have to take into account that not all of the posthumous material is considered the artists "best" work, there's a reason that some of that material hasn't seen the light of day...

and in Amys case the reason is because she was on that crack rock :heh:

I bet Amy got some piff in the vault breh

Cherry Wine is a perfect example of that

:win:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I was just thinking how Salaam should let Nas rap over any and all Amy tracks he has stashed in the vaults. They make for an incredible duo.

yup, but people would probably look at it as if Nas and Salaam was tryna make a quick buck off her music like they said cats was doing with Pacs unreleased music when they remixed it and Puff did with Biggie Duets

Woulda been dope if Amy's crackhead ass had of just stayed healthy and lived so the album could be official.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
yup, but people would probably look at it as if Nas and Salaam was tryna make a quick buck off her music like they said cats was doing with Pacs unreleased music when they remixed it and Puff did with Biggie Duets

I see what you're saying, but I think they would get a pass considering how extensively Salaam worked with her, and because Amy is a well known Nas stan herself. And unlike the Biggie duets album it would actually be dope.

Cherry Wine and Like Smoke are so organic...

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Amy (RIP) is gonna have to wait her turn and get in line behind DJ Premier, Common, AZ, Scarface, and Mobb Deep for a collab album...

And even with them waiting he'll probably go off and do Distant Relatives part two before fukking with with any of them:youngsabo::eat:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Amy (RIP) is gonna have to wait her turn and get in line behind DJ Premier, Common, AZ, Scarface, and Mobb Deep for a collab album...

And even with them waiting he'll probably go off and do Distant Relatives part two before fukking with withnanynif them:youngsabo::eat:

I'm not trying to hear Nas renegade Mobb/Scarface/AZ/Common for an entire album. And those are some of my favorite artists, but that would just be embarrassing. But I'm down for another record with Marley all day.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
after reading the review on the blog iits hard to wait until july 17th to unwrap the album :to:

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Black Bond, :wow:

About that bonus tracks discussion: it really depends on how it's done. In this case the tracks are like a superior encore, the quality of these tracks is ridiculous. Where on for example American gangster, Blue Magic should have been placed before Roc Boys, and the song AG with that godawful Just Blaze beat should have been left off.

But with Life is Good, omg, these tracks are quite possibly some of the best tracks Nas has even done, it's that serious.