Official Nas Thread

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
It's the same issue. Somebody's version is gonna have more tracks than the others.

And as far as bonus tracks costing more. I don't know about that shyt. BB and target stay having exclsuive tracks and the cd's cost less than other retail outlets.

He aint talkin bout retail...Something bout when an artist goes over 14 tracks the advance the label gave no longer covers it....so when u see albums where there are 18/19 tracks like this that means the artist went into their own pockets in order to get it on the album

I remember Kanye having a temper tantrum about this around the time Late Registration dropped

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
He aint talkin bout retail...Something bout when an artist goes over 14 tracks the advance the label gave no longer covers it....so when u see albums where there are 18/19 tracks like this that means the artist went into their own pockets in order to get it on the album

I remember Kanye having a temper tantrum about this around the time Late Registration dropped

Yep!

Lol at Nas performing Nasty at the Espys, Nas saying that Black Bond is a track on the album that fans will go crazy over, Nas playing Where's the Love in listening sessions, and no ID saying he has 6 tracks on the album... Yet some clowns want to say Nasty, Black Bond, Roses, and Where's the Love are not part of the album.

It boggles the mind.

Instead of enjoying the fact that a deluxe version of the album has 18 tracks that Nas wanted to include on the album, some clown is worried that little Greg from Nebaska might mistakenly buy the 14-track version of Life is Good. Hilarious.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
how the fukk is no one talking about the fist verse of the CD

P.S. 111 at free lunch, embarrassed but managed to get a plate
We was kids hungry, Mom's working I was famished, she getting home late
So I decided now I'm in charge
Either stay full of starve, corner store like Mr. SpareAQuarter
Before Air Jordans, Kareem Abdul-Jabbars
Trying to cop quarters and trying to move that hard
Roll with a shooting squad
How could I not succumb? How could I not partake?
15 I got a gun, 16 I robbed a train
Licked off a shot for fun, what's got inside my brain?
A hustler's job ain't done, ‘til he becomes a king

:krs:

Yeah, that fist verse probably knocked a few mothafukkers out.:myman:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

ok, so how does that work with 'bonus tracks' and 'deluxe versions'?

Ridickulous

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first verse of Trust... :to: ..... :wow:

Song is beautiful...feels like Lost Tapes or something.

"Remember spraypaintin’ the word “Fresh” and then staring at it
Older folks angry, pointin’, swearin’ at it
Buildings I sprayed, nowadays drive the Maclaren past it
Same old man from years ago told me life is short
So from infant to geriatric, trust ya own judgment. Live with it and love it"

:noah:

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deluxe Edition on my doormat tomorrow. Should have had it today but stores discriminates hiphop over here, so had to buy online.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
ok, so how does that work with 'bonus tracks' and 'deluxe versions'?

When they put it as a bonus or deluxe...they give u the choice of paying the reg price for most cd's wit the reg version...or the deluxe version which justifies u payin extra cash cause its like ur getting extra...if it was just on the album and not a deluxe people would wonder why ur album costs more than everyone elses...think about it...the price of albums went down...remember when they used to cost from 17 to 20 bucks?...artists in the past had more freedom to put more tracks cause the music automatically costed more...now albums costs like 10 bucks...with deluxe versions like 15 to 16 bucks...the artists cone out of pocket for the extra tracks...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
When they put it as a bonus or deluxe...they give u the choice of paying the reg price for most cd's wit the reg version...or the deluxe version which justifies u payin extra cash cause its like ur getting extra...if it was just on the album and not a deluxe people would wonder why ur album costs more than everyone elses...think about it...the price of albums went down...remember when they used to cost from 17 to 20 bucks?...artists in the past had more freedom to put more tracks cause the music automatically costed more...now albums costs like 10 bucks...with deluxe versions like 15 to 16 bucks...the artists cone out of pocket for the extra tracks...

these 'bonus tracks' have already been recorded (and mixed, mastered, etc), so I don't know how they can exist outside of the budget of the album

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
these 'bonus tracks' have already been recorded (and mixed, mastered, etc), so I don't know how they can exist outside of the budget of the album

Son..look it up..it comes out of their pocket if u sell the album over a.certain amount of tracks..so they put em as deluxe and charge more....

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Son..look it up..it comes out of their pocket if u sell the album over a.certain amount of tracks..so they put em as deluxe and charge more....

look what up? if anything it's just a another way the labels screw the artist. there's no requirement that it has to be done that way