The Don - 5/5
Stay - 4.5/5
Cherry Wine - 5/5
Bye Baby - 4/5
Nasty - 5/5
Black Bond - 4.5/5
Roses - 4.5/5
Where's the Love - 5/5

First 5 songs are sequenced perfectly. They all make it each other sound better. This is also the stretch of the album Nas sounds most focused, and frankly a Nas album hasn't sounded as good as these first 5 songs....ever? Reach Out is the first song I'm not sold on. It's not that it's bad, but unlike the first 5 songs it's just sort of there and Nas doesn't sound nearly as urgent on it. Also, at this point there are some way more interesting female vocalists then Mary J out there, and I love Mary J. World's an Addiction is just pure piff, I think it's Remi's best beat on the album. I actually really like Summer on Smash and this will get heavy play when I go to the beach the rest of the summer but it doesn't fit in at all. Probably should've been a bonus track. You Wouldn't Understand is a good song but not nearly as exceptional as World's an Addiction. Luckily this middle sequence is the weakest part of the album and it's still hot. Back When might be my favorite song on the album. The Don was already exceptional and it sounds even better in the context of the album now. Love the sax on Stay, just a beautiful track to vibe too. Cherry Wine is one of the best on the album but I feel like the album should've just ended there, seems like a better outro track then Bye Baby. Nasty we all already knew was hot. I have a feeling Nas just kept it off the standard because it had already been out nearly a year. Black Bond and Roses are both great, probably better then some of the other Remi songs on the standard. Where's the Love is a huge surprise for me, one of the album's best songs. Should've been on the standard.

Using the same 18 songs here's how I probably would've sequenced it:

1. No Introduction
2. Loco-Motive
3. A Queens Story
4. Accident Murderers
5. Daughters
6. Black Bond
7. The Don
8. Back When
9. You Wouldn't Understand
10. Where's the Love
11. World's an Addiction
12. Roses
13. Stay
14. Cherry Wine

Bonus

15. Nasty
16. Summer on Smash
17. Reach Out
18. Bye Baby

Overall this is a terrific album. Recently the albums that have really been in constant rotation for me the past 5 years, that I can just turn on at any time and don't need to be "in the mood" for are It Was Written, Eminem Show, Get Rich or Die Tryin, Take Care, American Gangster, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Watch the Throne, Bon Iver Bon Iver, Rozay's last two albums and both Cudi albums. This will join them, I'll be listening to this for a long time.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
After several more listens:

No Introduction - 5/5
Loco-Motive - 4.5/5
A Queens Story - 4.5/5
Accident Murderers - 5/5
Daughters - 5/5
Reach Out - 3.5/5
World's an Addiction - 5/5
Summer on Smash - 4/5
You Wouldn't Understand 4/5
Back When - 5/5
The Don - 5/5
Stay - 4.5/5
Cherry Wine - 5/5
Bye Baby - 4/5
Nasty - 5/5
Black Bond - 4.5/5
Roses - 4.5/5
Where's the Love - 5/5

First 5 songs are sequenced perfectly. They all make it each other sound better. This is also the stretch of the album Nas sounds most focused, and frankly a Nas album hasn't sounded as good as these first 5 songs....ever? Reach Out is the first song I'm not sold on. It's not that it's bad, but unlike the first 5 songs it's just sort of there and Nas doesn't sound nearly as urgent on it. Also, at this point there are some way more interesting female vocalists then Mary J out there, and I love Mary J. World's an Addiction is just pure piff, I think it's Remi's best beat on the album. I actually really like Summer on Smash and this will get heavy play when I go to the beach the rest of the summer but it doesn't fit in at all. Probably should've been a bonus track. You Wouldn't Understand is a good song but not nearly as exceptional as World's an Addiction. Luckily this middle sequence is the weakest part of the album and it's still hot. Back When might be my favorite song on the album. The Don was already exceptional and it sounds even better in the context of the album now. Love the sax on Stay, just a beautiful track to vibe too. Cherry Wine is one of the best on the album but I feel like the album should've just ended there, seems like a better outro track then Bye Baby. Nasty we all already knew was hot. I have a feeling Nas just kept it off the standard because it had already been out nearly a year. Black Bond and Roses are both great, probably better then some of the other Remi songs on the standard. Where's the Love is a huge surprise for me, one of the album's best songs. Should've been on the standard.

1. No Introduction
2. Loco-Motive
3. A Queens Story
4. Accident Murderers
5. Daughters
6. Black Bond
7. The Don
8. Back When
10. Where's the Love
11. World's an Addiction
12. Roses
13. Stay
14. Cherry Wine

Bonus

15. Nasty
16. Reach Out
17. Summer on Smash
18. Bye Baby

Overall this is a terrific album. Recently the albums that have really been in constant rotation for me the past 5 years, that I can just turn on at any time and don't need to be "in the mood" for are It Was Written, Eminem Show, Get Rich or Die Tryin, Take Care, American Gangster, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Watch the Throne, Bon Iver Bon Iver, Rozay's last two albums and both Cudi albums. This will join them, I'll be listening to this for a long time.

Bye Baby as a bonus???:wtf:

thats a top 10 cut off the album

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nasir gave us a gem brehs. Some nikkas are gonna have to go back to the lab and redo their shyt

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Anyone listened to this in the whip? It sounds even better at loud volumes if that's possible.

Dopey

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After several more listens:

No Introduction - 5/5
Loco-Motive - 4.5/5
A Queens Story - 4.5/5
Accident Murderers - 5/5
Daughters - 5/5
Reach Out - 3.5/5
World's an Addiction - 5/5
Summer on Smash - 4/5
You Wouldn't Understand 4/5
Back When - 5/5
The Don - 5/5
Stay - 4.5/5
Cherry Wine - 5/5
Bye Baby - 4/5
Nasty - 5/5
Black Bond - 4.5/5
Roses - 4.5/5
Where's the Love - 5/5

1. No Introduction
2. Loco-Motive
3. A Queens Story
4. Accident Murderers
5. Daughters
6. Black Bond
7. The Don
8. Back When
10. Where's the Love
11. World's an Addiction
12. Roses
13. Stay
14. Cherry Wine

Bonus

15. Nasty
16. Summer on Smash
17. Reach Out
18. Bye Baby

Agree for the most part with the analysis. Is up there with American Gangster and MBDTF as great albums later in the careers of guys who made classic stuff before (although in my opinion MBDTF is considerably better than both)

My ratings

No Introduction: 4.5/5
Loco-Motive: 5/5
Queens Story: 4.5/5
Accident Murderers (sounds better in this sequencing) 4/5
Daughters: 5/5
Reach Out: 4/5
Worlds an Addiction: 5/5
Summer on Smash: 3.5/5
You wouldn't understand: 4/5
Back When: 4/5
The Don: 4/5