Official Nas Thread

Burger King

Beefin
Daps
Reppin
your mother
gotta say this actual sounds like a proper album for once, other than a bunch of songs chucked together like usually these days

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Second listen through, now I'm starting to think the Reach Out hate is unwarranted. I don't know how much people are "hating" on it now, but I remember the initial impressions to be negative. Granted, I can understand where people are coming from if they are tired of the sample (I like what they did with it personally) or if they don't care for the hook, but tell me Nas didn't go IN on the track. Sheeeeeesh he killed it.

They put this song on here for commercial purposes. It's not wack but I don't think it meshes with the rest of the album

Dopey

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished bumping it. If you were born before 1988 there is no way that this album isn't an instant classic for you. I don't know that if in 2012 a rapper can make a better "real hip hop" album better than this one.

Nas cemented his place not only as the GOAT. But undisputed best rapper RIGHT NOW. And after 20 years in the game that's incredible.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
*Listening to Album for third time, gets to Loco-Motive and turns up volume from iPod to headphones*

*Wife awakens from sleep:zzz:

Wife- Baby can you please turn that down:yawn:

Me- :childplease:No

Wife-:to:But I'm slee..

Me- Oh but you can stay up all night watching Keeping Up With Kardashians right:shaq2:

Wife-:ohhh::damn::snooze:

Me- :youngsabo:

*Bumps Life Is Good at max through headphones:russ:*

Daps
I posted my original thoughts based on the snippets, after hearing the album three times here's how I hear it:

No Intro: At first I didn't really feel the cinematic vibe on this but now I like it a lot more, plus Nas was spitting out the ass. 3.5/5
Queens Story: One of the best Nas tracks in recent memory, He destroyed this track. Epic production suits Nas well. The last verse w/ the piano hit me especially hard. 5/5
Accident Murderers: Great track Nas/Ross don't disappoint here. Like it more especially after Queens Story. 4/5
World's an Addiction: Another standout track on this album, Anthony kills the hook and Nas's 2nd verse on this song puts everyone else, including probably most of Em's work on Relapse, to shame. 5/5
Summer on Smash: The track's ok. Kinda disappointed because I like the sample but there's too much going on. It will probably be a hit tho. 3/5
You Wouldn't Understand: I knew off the snippet I'd like this track and I was right. Nas.....what can you say about him. Props to Buckwild on the track and Victoria Monet kills the hook. :gladbron: at the beat change during the hook, really took me back. 5/5
Back When: Simple yet effective Nas reminiscing about NY 4.5/5
Stay: OMG. I'm a little biased but jazz-influenced hip hop might be the best kind of hip hop. The way Nas starts out that first verse shouting out fathers and being wary of other women was :wow:. Thank you NO ID. 5/5
Cherry Wine: Whereas Stay had the chill sax, this is a more upbeat and cheery jazz vibe. Nas & Amy work well together and I hope he gets a Grammy win for this song, it's that good. I didn't mind Amy closing out the song because she was a great talent who died way too soon. RIP Amy. 5/5
The Black Bond: This song is crack! Nas is one of the best at telling stories and being descriptive w/ his lyrics. The soundscape is especially lush obviously influenced by 60s James Bond films. 5/5
Roses: Another track I liked off the snippet. Doesn't disappoint and Nas is spitting as if this is his debut. 5/5
Where's The Love: Great track and perfect way to close the album. 5/5
These bonus tracks were clearly main album material. I'd drop Reach Out and make Bye Baby a bonus track for these three.

Nas/ID/Salaam are an excellent combo of top-notch lyricism and diverse excellent production. As most people were hesitant of Salaam's involvement in the album (myself included) he turned out to be the MVP of Life is Good. This is Nas's most musical and ambitious album and aside from a few small misses, Nas passes w/ flying colors.

LIFE.....IS GREAT. July 17th.

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
I hope Nas promotes this album with more touring and other events!
Also..the amy whinehouse joint should do some good things!!

kind of a waste though ....all he needed to do last night at the espys was to sing cherry wine ...people would have gone crazy with the whinehouse hook

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They put this song on here for commercial purposes. It's not wack but I don't think it meshes with the rest of the album

Actually, it's just the opposite. The sound, plus having Mary J. on there makes it sounds 90ish, which a good 1/2 of the album has that feel/sound to it, which I'm sure was intentional and not for some commercial purposes.

ynghova187

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every time a nas album comes out you guys always and I mean always scream classic it never fails.
This album is medicore at best it sounds dated as hell. Nas hasn't made a great album in 11 years. This is just like all the rest 5 tracks or really good and the other ones are medicore to whack

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
*Listening to Album for third time, gets to Loco-Motive and turns up volume from iPod to headphones*

*Wife awakens from sleep:zzz:

Wife- Baby can you please turn that down:yawn:

Me- :childplease:No

Wife-:to:But I'm slee..

Me- Oh but you can stay up all night watching Keeping Up With Kardashians right:shaq2

Wife-:ohhh::damn:snooze:

Me- :youngsabo:

*Bumps Life Is Good at max through headphones:russ:*

Ziggiy :myman:

The million dollar qustion whats your favorite track off this fantastic album? :birdman:

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Every time a nas album comes out you guys always and I mean always scream classic it never fails.
This album is medicore at best it sounds dated as hell. Nas hasn't made a great album in 11 years. This is just like all the rest 5 tracks or really good and the other ones are medicore to whack

I know it pains you that Jay will never be better than Nasir.

Haha I love it.