Official Nas Thread

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
easily rivals Stillmatic (although the high notes on Stillmatic were higher than on LiG, the average quality of LiG > Stillmatic)

haven't heard the snippets yet hang on

Hmm I feel exactly like that...and I've heard the album once, tho not in a way that made it possible to focus on the lyrics well.. But this is exactly what I think of this album..I don't think we'll get smthg like stillmatic intro, rewind or what goes around, but still overall it will be of a higher level

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dropped the 1337th thread dap :krs:

Nerdy but I don't give a fukk. :jawalrus:

To the guy who said some songs make Braveheart Party sound like classics, what are you listening to these days?

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Disgusted at swizz nas or whoever is respOnsible to leaving the second track of the album..

Maybe it didn't fit with the vibe of the album.

Nas is about to drop a classic. I'm not trippin' over some unreleased/lost Swizz and Frank Ocean songs we've never heard.

Plus, it might show up on the lost tapes 2 or Nas' next album or something.

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe it did fit with the vibe of the album.

Nas is about to drop a classic. I'm not trippin' over unreleased/lost Swizz and Frank Ocean songs we've never heard.

Plus, it might show up on the lost tapes 2 or Nas' next album or something.

Except heads have heard "street shyt" and that it was the damn highlight of the listening session...had twitter going nuts that night and the next 2 days over this song...dudes were saying shyt like If this song drops, NY will be one again etc...

That's what I don't understand really..but it happens at each nas album in his career...I wouldn't make the list now but I believe nas left at least one classic 5 mic song off of his 10 albums so far.

Dopey

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weakest joints are

Summer on Smash: 3.5/5
Accident Murderers: 4/5
The Don: 3.5/5

Everything else is 4/5-5/5

And those 3 joints would have been top 7 songs on any of his last 3 albums.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm thinking maybe Swizz did the beat for Nas in exchange for a song on his project.Summer on Smash was done first so Nas went with it because he had a deadline and that's why the other record didn't make it because it wasn't finished.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Summer on Smash aint garbage like yall said it was. Its actually a good radio friendly joint. Something NaS needs at this point in his career.