Official Nas Thread

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aaliyah was with Dame by then right? I'll push the theory that he and Jay talked her out of doing the video after Nas threw that shot at Jay on We Will Survive :yeshrug:

No

Liyah wasn't with Dame then and she probably decided to not do it after Nas appeared on R Kelly song and video
Esp since she really liked Nas

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
LOL. She was on the album and attended his album release party. This makes no sense at all.

I dunno, we're talking about the same dudes who talked Ashanti into giving up P's dance pics.

Also I'm saying after they heard the shot at Jay. So they woulda had no problem with her being on the album or being at his release party until after they heard the shot. Wouldn't they have planned to make the video afterwards the album was out if Nas Is Like and Hate Me Now were the first two singles?

No

Liyah wasn't with Dame then and she probably decided to not do it after Nas appeared on R Kelly song and video
Esp since she really liked Nas

Didn't think about that, that's another possibility

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
You Won't See Me Tonight was on Hot 97 late that summer it would've pushed I Am to triple Plat at least that year
Absolutely. That was made for 90s hip hop radio and the Hype Williams video would have been in heavy rotation all summer. Monster hook and Nas flow on that beat was crazy.

"You thought I was a boxer, Prince Naseem, but I'm the mobster, Nas from Queens" :ahh:

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
Absolutely. That was made for 90s hip hop radio and the Hype Williams video would have been in heavy rotation all summer. Monster hook and Nas flow on that beat was crazy.

"You thought I was a boxer, Prince Naseem, but I'm the mobster, Nas from Queens" :ahh:
Had to be around then.. nobody after current 33 years of age knows who prince naseem was, from then

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Statik says he's heard some of the Nas/Preme album and it's amazing:

Got me hyped, lets go.

One thing I love about the Common/Pete Rock album is that it reminded me of all the times Premo said hearing Pete's beats made him go harder in the studio. So I'm sure he's got some dope shyt cooking and we already know Nas gonna come correct.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Statik says he's heard some of the Nas/Preme album and it's amazing:

5e506626ac732bcc259f55e114eeeb47c097c620.gifv

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
You can't really expect Statik to say anything else than "it's amazing" but the good thing is that vid was recorded two months ago and he says that he heard some of it so they have at least several tracks ready already and hopefully a good portion of the album is done.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The plug deleted a tweet that tagged Primo and Hit Boy with the bomb emoji

Could Hit Boy be assisting the album on the low ?