Official Nas Thread

Dopey

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With people speaking on rearranging LIG where would I AM and Stillmatic rank in his catalogue if he actually put the best songs from the recording sessions on the albums?

I AM:

Fetus
NYSOM 2
Hate me Now
Find Ya Wealth
Gotta Love it
Nas is Like
Project Windows
Sometimes I wonder
Rise and Fall
Blaze a 50
Drunk By Myself
Undying Love
Amongst Kings

Stillmatic

Intro
Ether
My Way
You're the Man
Rewind
One Mic
Doo Rags
Destroy and Rebuild
The Flyest
No Ideas Original
Purple
What goes around
Stay Chiseled

Both would be unquestionable classics and probably push IWW to 4th in his discography I am actually becomes comparable to illmatic imo.

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope you're right regarding bye baby because I actually thought it sounded weak in the snippet. The beat didn't seem too great and Nas' flow seemed a little sloppy (blasphemy, I know).

Looking forward to Bye Baby the most

Yo don't worry. Bye Baby is an absolute gem. Nas pours his heart into it...lyrics are just wow...honest and open hearted like you've rarely heard a rapper before..as I said somewhere, it is to Kelis what daughters is to destiny and ether to jay-z!!! When he started that play on words about (splitting in) half, I remember I just lost it!

And the beat!! If u think Reach Out took you back to 94, Bye Baby will do that bit with a 2012 twist...fukk it I'm sayin it off of one listen it's a timeless record!

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Why wait for the cd drop to listen to this shyt. I understand those who don't want to listen to the snippets or songs by song leak, but wait for the cd what for ? Personnaly I just buy the cd for support and because I have all the others nas cd and , but as soon as the full record is on the net I put it on my cowon j3 or if I buy an old record the same thing. So waiting for the physical release is not worth it anymore.
Ok there's the unwrap the plastic thing but discover the artwork and the shoutouts plus the credits is still a surprise too. anyway my cowon plus my seinheiser it's where the sound is the most incredible since Nas is meant for the headphone and not the whip

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With people speaking on rearranging LIG where would I AM and Stillmatic rank in his catalogue if he actually put the best songs from the recording sessions on the albums?

I AM:

Fetus
NYSOM 2
Hate me Now
Find Ya Wealth
Gotta Love it
Nas is Like
Project Windows
Sometimes I wonder
Rise and Fall
Blaze a 50
Drunk By Myself
Undying Love
Amongst Kings

Stillmatic

Intro
Ether
My Way
You're the Man
Rewind
One Mic
Doo Rags
Destroy and Rebuild
The Flyest
No Ideas Original
Purple
What goes around
Stay Chiseled

Both would be unquestionable classics and probably push IWW to 4th in his discography I am actually becomes comparable to illmatic imo.

Haha funny coz when I mentioned in the other post I'd move the don further up, I was about to say we gon have endless posts about the sequencing like for every nas album since message boards exist!

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know if I posted this here yest but how crazy would this sound?

HHID (@HHID)
05/07/12 00:42
Dreamin' about a #LocoMotive remix with @BusaBusss @Raekwon @GhostfaceKillah @pharoahemonch @PRODIGYMOBBDEEP @therealredman @PLargePro @Nas

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yo don't worry. Bye Baby is an absolute gem. Nas pours his heart into it...lyrics are just wow...honest and open hearted like you've rarely heard a rapper before..as I said somewhere, it is to Kelis what daughters is to destiny and ether to jay-z!!! When he started that play on words about (splitting in) half, I remember I just lost it!

And the beat!! If u think Reach Out took you back to 94, Bye Baby will do that bit with a 2012 twist...fukk it I'm sayin it off of one listen it's a timeless record!

So is Bye Baby THE BEST song on the album? Because quite honestly I have a hard time believing that he can do better than Loco-motive:dj2: and Cherry Wine:gladbron::krs: those joints are outstanding

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

HHID (@HHID)
Dreamin' about a #LocoMotive remix with @BusaBusss @Raekwon @GhostfaceKillah @pharoahemonch @PRODIGYMOBBDEEP @therealredman @PLargePro @Nas

yeah many moons ago.
have ghostface, proddigy and either rae or pharoh

Jet

Banned
Daps

HHID (@HHID)

Well, we already know Busta's gonna be on the remix :laugh:

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So is Bye Baby THE BEST song on the album? Because quite honestly I have a hard time believing that he can do better than Loco-motive:dj2: and Cherry Wine:gladbron::krs: those joints are outstanding

Well it's hard to say off of one listen to be honest, but I said so coz to me this song will be universally acclaimed...it's where he really pours his heart..and the beat + Aaron hall sample on the chorus is just insane to me..reminds me of golden age r&b, blackstreet etc..

Of course locomotive is technically more impressive, but bye baby really has that classic feel...especially as I heard it as the closing song of the album, without the bonuses...felt like coming full circle!

But everybody will have his own favorite song as there's smthg for everybody on LIG

Daps
Someone remember when ****** and hhid were on the net before the official in store released date ?

Untitled leaked nearly a month before release.

I'm surprised this hasn't leaked yet. We only have 12 days.

I don't know if the hook on "Where's the Love" will be any good (although that beat is incredible).

I really want to hear "A Queen's Story", hear how that song plays out.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Someone remember when ****** and hhid were on the net before the official in store released date ?

HHID leaked about a week and a half before it dropped. Nas and his team started leaking Untitled track by track on 2dopeboyz.com the first week of July (the 2nd if I'm not mistaken)

If we follow that schedule then LIG should be leaking any time now.....:leon:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Untitled leaked nearly a month before release.

I'm surprised this hasn't leaked yet. We only have 12 days.

I don't know if the hook on "Where's the Love" will be any good (although that beat is incredible).

I really want to hear "A Queen's Story", hear how that song plays out.

plus the leaked joints already and available snipps online should be no brainer!!
This shiot should drop right about Now..