Official Nas Thread

deeznutz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I refuse to listen to the snippets. The only track I'm worried about is summer on smash. Can anyone here describe what the song is like and how trash it is? Swizz beats has fukked up so many potentially classic albums( stillmatic included) :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I refuse to listen to the snippets. The only track I'm worried about is summer on smash. Can anyone here describe what the song is like and how trash it is? Swizz beats has fukked up so many potentially classic albums( stillmatic included) :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

It's like you'd expect from a Swizz beat: overproduced and busy. Chorus is very messy between Swizz repeating the song name and Miquel crooning some shyt. Nas raps over some nice synths though, so it could be a good track

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

From what I heard of "Summer On Smash", it sounds the most like this:

3:31-3:38 is about the best description of the Swizz track that I could give. IMO, it sounds better than the Alicia track from what I heard of it. The worst part of the song from the snippet is Swizz screaming "summer on smash".

Last edited by a moderator:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
That doesn't sound too bad, I'm not going to listen to the snippets. I could live with a track like that.

deeznutz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
GTA
From what I heard of "Summer On Smash", it sounds the most like this:

Alicia Keys - New Day * NEW SONG * 2012 - YouTube

3:31-3:38 is about the best description of the Swizz track that I could give. IMO, it sounds better than the Alicia track from what I heard of it. The worst part of the song from the snippet is Swizz screaming "summer on smash".

That doesn't sound all that bad. Typical swizz track but still I could deal with a track sounding like that for this album. As long as it's not as bad as brave heart party then I could get used to it. Daps to everyone who replied! I've only heard the tracks up to accident murderers the rest I'm gonna wait for but from reading reviews and comments it sounds like the general consensus is that this album is gonna be insane. I can't fukkin wait any longer!!! Something tells me this might be a late leak :ohlawd:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That doesn't sound all that bad. Typical swizz track but still I could deal with a track sounding like that for this album. As long as it's not as bad as brave heart party then I could get used to it. Daps to everyone who replied! I've only heard the tracks up to accident murderers the rest I'm gonna wait for but from reading reviews and comments it sounds like the general consensus is that this album is gonna be insane. I can't fukkin wait any longer!!! Something tells me this might be a late leak :ohlawd:

Yea the snippets makes it sound like an actually decent track. I'm starting to have a little faith in Swizz Beats as I've been digging his recent production these last few years....

Still though, can't believe they didnt put that "Bath Salts" track on here, the one that had everybody going wild at his NYC listening session....

Ronald

Daps
Fake, but would be pretty gawdly

The third single is "Real World" and features Kendrick Lamar, Nas, Meek Mill, & Drake and will be produced by T-Minus. DJ Khaled announced this single would come out soon.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Cherry Wine might just be in my top 10 tracks off all time.. :wow::ohlawd:

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Yea the snippets makes it sound like an actually decent track. I'm starting to have a little faith in Swizz Beats as I've been digging his recent production these last few years....

Still though, can't believe they didnt put that "Bath Salts" track on here, the one that had everybody going wild at his NYC listening session....
I know, right. I'm hoping the song is garbage because I would hate for a potential gem not to make the cut. lol

Ronald

Daps
Swizz kept that Street Sh!t song for himself

you know, for the mixtape/album he has coming out. First single was that trash with A$AP Rocky