Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if Nas recycled some of the rhymes for White Man's paper and used elsewhere, like Distant Relatives. He said that Lost Tapes 2 will be down the line but I wonder if this latest version it's done. I remember, a few years back, he said his def jams lost tapes 2 was done. Perhaps it was planned without the Sony tapes that he now has access to again.

@Life is Good,

What the status on Nas working on getting those Masters? You mentioned this before.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
All paid for by his lil bro, Nas. Really, what kind of income can Jungle possibly have? Good for him though. I wish I had a brother like Nas. Haha

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure why I thought Nas was the younger one. No old face jokes. I mean in Nas rhymes I could've sworn he mentioned Jungle was his older bro. Maybe I invented that in my head. Thanks for the clarification.
enhanced-8827-1397759442-10.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Not sure why I thought Nas was the younger one. No old face jokes. I mean in Nas rhymes I could've sworn he mentioned Jungle was his older bro. Maybe I invented that in my head. Thanks for the clarification.

Nasir is the first born. This has been confirmed in songs such as Fetus, Bridging The Gap, The Cross, etc.

Olu Dara has at least two other sons I believe as well

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
I'd rather have a new Nas album personally, Lost Tapes 2 is gonna be like 8 tracks we've all heard before, and maybe a few new ones - and no matter what I think it would be a let down.. nothing will ever top the original. And the way Nas is spitting right now, and the subject matter he can/will/needs to speak on

I think I listened to that 5 track sampler disc that originally came with Stillmatic probably more than any disc other than Illmatic, and then the full Lost Tapes still managed exceed expectations

I'll still take it, but hoping this next album is a surprise release on Tidal or something every Friday until it actually happens

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd rather have a new Nas album personally, Lost Tapes 2 is gonna be like 8 tracks we've all heard before, and maybe a few new ones - and no matter what I think it would be a let down.. nothing will ever top the original. And the way Nas is spitting right now, and the subject matter he can/will/needs to speak on

I think I listened to that 5 track sampler disc that originally came with Stillmatic probably more than any disc other than Illmatic, and then the full Lost Tapes still managed exceed expectations

I'll still take it, but hoping this next album is a surprise release on Tidal or something every Friday until it actually happens

Yeah, I agree. TLT was incredible. I don't expect it to better but i expect it to be quality and maybe some stuff Nas' team wouldn't want him to say on many album. So curious about his unreleased work because Nas is experimental with music and creativty like you've seen on Rewind, Blaze a 50, One Mic, Live Now. I want to hear more. He probably has some more hood stories with a hint of truth in them. Also, his perspective on current events interest me. That's what i want to hear.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

I'm sick of all these exclusive releases (no matter which service it is, I'm a Spotify user). Just drop the album naturally.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sick of all these exclusive releases (no matter which service it is, I'm a Spotify user). Just drop the album naturally.

I don't mind any other type of release but I'm only gonna purchase a disc and the Japanese import if it has bonus material. I have always gotten the disc and have a NAs collection. If it was exclusive, then unfortunatly, I'd consider obtaining it through other means.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I don't mind any other type of release but I'm only gonna purchase a disc and the Japanese import if it has bonus material. I have always gotten the disc and have a NAs collection. If it was exclusive, then unfortunatly, I'd consider obtaining it through other means.

Me too.

This dikk measuring contest between the streaming services can :camby: