Official Nas Thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Finally, Nas brings an uncompromising political stance on "White Man's Paper (War)" featuring Damien Marley. Set to a throbbing Bob Marley sample, Nas flirts with controversy, chanting: "I get my news from that white man's paper/So I get my views from that white man's paper/ My people act a fool for that white man's paper/And I don't think it's cool, fukk that white man's paper/ No books in our school cuz that white man's paper, Is droppin' cruise missiles on the head of our neighbors/And I'm like why?"
Had this song on my mind today, we got to hear this shyt

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
@Illeye buckmatic its lit
N36hgeE.jpg

The gawd @3Rivers comes through again :ahh:
#tpc

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
So is it true then? Is the album done and ready to go?
All we're doing now is plotting when we're dropping.

Do you have a title and an idea of when it might come out?
Yes, but it's not time to put that out there.

:mjcry::feedme::wow:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You put out the Dilla record as well. Do you have any other releases planned for the rest of 2016?
We're working on Dave East, he just finished up with his new music that he's about to release in a couple of weeks. Fashawn is working, DJ Shadow's working, I have The Lost Tapes 2, that's further down the road. A lot of stuff that's just laying around that's going to be released: Lost Tapes 2, and a couple of things I can't remember.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Was it your idea to sample Fugees’ "Fu-Gee-La?"
No, that was all Khaled. I texted Ms. Lauryn Hill to ask her if she was cool, she said she was cool. She signed off on it, she gave me the approval. I don't have the rest of the Fugees' phone numbers, so I hit Salaam Remi who worked with the Fugees and he signed off on it. I just wanted to get her blessing and we were good.

Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but the way he explained getting in touch with Salaam Remi makes me think he may not have been a part of the new album :ohhh:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was it your idea to sample Fugees’ "Fu-Gee-La?"
No, that was all Khaled. I texted Ms. Lauryn Hill to ask her if she was cool, she said she was cool. She signed off on it, she gave me the approval. I don't have the rest of the Fugees' phone numbers, so I hit Salaam Remi who worked with the Fugees and he signed off on it. I just wanted to get her blessing and we were good.

Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but the way he explained getting in touch with Salaam Remi makes me think he may not have been a part of the new album :ohhh:
Salaam is one of his good friends and they talk a lot.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Salaam is one of his good friends and they talk a lot.
Yeah. You would definitely know more than me...but Nas could have said "and Salaam was right there with me and of course he ok'd it" which would have made me think they were working together. Like I said, I'm probably reading too much into it. :lolbron: