Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would've liked to have seen that Lost Tapes 2 come before the album only because a year or so after the album he can give us Lost Tapes 3. Lord knows he has tons of quality material to pull from.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. You would definitely know more than me...but Nas could have said "and Salaam was right there with me and of course he ok'd it" which would have made me think they were working together. Like I said, I'm probably reading too much into it. :lolbron:
Probably

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Nas my GOAT but I've heard him say this before, until I have that shyt in my hands it's :

tumblr_m6m0c7Htgw1raq7mho1_500.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Wonder how Maino got cool with them. Been hanging with those guys since the 40th birthday party.

Maino, Papoose, and a couple other New York MC's were on Dirty Harry's Living Legends Nas mixtape back in like 04-05. This project was officially sanctioned by Nas so I'd assume he's been cool with him since at least that time period.

Also Maino has bigged up Nas in interviews in the past

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Had this song on my mind today, we got to hear this shyt

Last I heard the Producer, Afryka, was salty as shyt that it hadn't made the album. He said that the song was slated to make the final track listing for HHID and last minute it got cut and the only explanation he got was "Nas is finicky" lol. I think it actually sampled Bob Marley and featured Stephen.

Elliot Wilson said it sounds similar to Cam'ron's Bubble Music

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last I heard the Producer, Afryka, was salty as shyt that it hadn't made the album. He said that the song was slated to make the final track listing for HHID and last minute it got cut and the only explanation he got was "Nas is finicky" lol. I think it actually sampled Bob Marley and featured Stephen.

Elliot Wilson said it sounds similar to Cam'ron's Bubble Music

There is always some producer that is out here talking about they did 1 or 2 tracks for Nas and that they are supposed to be on the album. There is a video somewhere that has Statick Selectah sayin that he was supposed to be on the album. Producers should already know to just chill. Just read something recently that said Nas was working with Marley Mal early on for his second album but Nas was hearing their tracks on the radio like On the Real. Nas said he couldn't work like that. Many years later, 9th wonder did that "the Nas call" clip on YouTube where he previewed a track he sent Nas. While it was right, perhaps Nas did record to it but later lost interest after the producer put the track out there like that.

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
You put out the Dilla record as well. Do you have any other releases planned for the rest of 2016?
We're working on Dave East, he just finished up with his new music that he's about to release in a couple of weeks. Fashawn is working, DJ Shadow's working, I have The Lost Tapes 2, that's further down the road. A lot of stuff that's just laying around that's going to be released: Lost Tapes 2, and a couple of things I can't remember.
:mjcry: please release lost tapes 2. I want that more than i want a new nas album

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is always some producer that is out here talking about they did 1 or 2 tracks for Nas and that they are supposed to be on the album. There is a video somewhere that has Statick Selectah sayin that he was supposed to be on the album. Producers should already know to just chill. Just read something recently that said Nas was working with Marley Mal early on for his second album but Nas was hearing their tracks on the radio like On the Real. Nas said he couldn't work like that. Many years later, 9th wonder did that "the Nas call" clip on YouTube where he previewed a track he sent Nas. While it was right, perhaps Nas did record to it but later lost interest after the producer put the track out there like that.

Yeah but these are producers that are already in the industry. I remember talking with Afrykan on YouTube messages, he was a nobody, didn't know shyt about the industry, his beat ended up God knows how into some A&R's hands at Def Jam. Next thing he knew, they came back saying Nas recorded a song that's gonna be on the album. Not even sure he ever heard it himself. It sampled one of Bob Marley's most powerful song ever "War" and featured Damian.

The label didn't communicate much with him, just took his beat and sort of kept him out of the loop.. ended saying the song got cut for obscure reasons...

Could be sample clearance, or maybe too controversial. I'm sure this song was recorded for the "******" album, the one that he wanted to release as his first album on Def Jam before switching to the HHID concept...

Last edited: