Official Mortal Kombat Thread

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
It's alright. This movie definitely isn't touching the original, but they made Sub Zero more badass than he was in the original. The fights were cool but this isn't a movie that's going to be remembered. I'm not even joking when I say that Annihilation will be remembered more.

Couldn't agree more.

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
Kano is amazing in this version. Not better than the 1995 movie, but not much worse and the fact it was rated R helps is BIG time. Also the opening scene made me think the movie was about to be epic but it was fun still.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Kano is amazing in this version. Not better than the 1995 movie, but not much worse and the fact it was rated R helps is BIG time. Also the opening scene made me think the movie was about to be epic but it was fun still.
Ya'll keep saying this like the original wasn't trash. I mean i liked it through my kids googles back then, but the movie wasn't good at all.It's one of those so bad it's good type films. If this one is worse, that means it's utter garbage. Is that what ya'll are saying?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ya'll keep saying this like the original wasn't trash. I mean i liked it through my kids googles back then, but the movie wasn't good at all.It's one of those so bad it's good type films. If this one is worse, that means it's utter garbage. Is that what ya'll are saying?
its not. ive watched it as an adult eve rand over and its not a "so bad its good" type for me. it's a remake of Enter the Dragon with a solid story throughout, proper characterization, and doesn't try to do too much like most movies of that ilk do.

The only real issue I have with it is Sonya's arc is resolved way too quickly. but the movie is exactly what it should be and uses '95 technology to its maximum. Plus all the fights in it are damn good