Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
its not. ive watched it as an adult eve rand over and its not a "so bad its good" type for me. it's a remake of Enter the Dragon with a solid story throughout, proper characterization, and doesn't try to do too much like most movies of that ilk do.

The only real issue I have with it is Sonya's arc is resolved way too quickly. but the movie is exactly what it should be and uses '95 technology to its maximum. Plus all the fights in it are damn good
Your opinion is in an extreme minority. The movie was universally given mixed reviews at best when it came out. and it hasn't aged well at all.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Your opinion is in an extreme minority. The movie was universally given mixed reviews at best when it came out. and it hasn't aged well at all.

1. don't care about being in the extreme minority lol. that's never ever going to get me to change my opinion on anything movie or tv related. I feel how I feel
2. the fact it was given mixed reviews refutes your first point since clearly mixed implies there are plenty of people who fukk with it.
3. I disagree:manny:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
1. don't care about being in the extreme minority lol. that's never ever going to get me to change my opinion on anything movie or tv related. I feel how I feel
2. the fact it was given mixed reviews refutes your first point since clearly mixed implies there are plenty of people who fukk with it.
3. I disagree:manny:
I said mixed at best, and i wasn't asking if you cared that your opinion was wrong, i was simply stating that your opinion is wrong. just facts.
Being trash doesn't mean people don't fukk with it. I literally just told i liked the movie despite it being trash. Liked street fighter as well and that movie also sucked. Sometimes i can enjoy something without trying to get it recognized as quality cinema worthy of recognition for being a work of art.

So my confusion is people saying this new movie isn't as good as the original but it's still a really great movie. Don't make sense. What it does do, is make me think some of ya'll are terrible critics. and i have feeling the concensus around will support this belief in the coming weeks.

but to each his own i guess :troll:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I said mixed at best, and i wasn't asking if you cared that your opinion was wrong, i was simply stating that your opinion is wrong. just facts.
Being trash doesn't mean people don't fukk with it. I literally just told i liked the movie despite it being trash. Liked street fighter as well and that movie also sucked. Sometimes i can enjoy something without trying to get it recognized as quality cinema worthy of recognition for being a work of art.

So my confusion is people saying this new movie isn't as good as the original but it's still a really great movie. Don't make sense. What it does do, is make me think some of ya'll are terrible critics. and i have feeling the concensus around will support this belief in the coming weeks.

but to each his own i guess :troll:

Terrible critic is one who can't explain why they feel how they feel and adequately express their viewpoint, Having an opinion that disagrees with you, me, or anyone else on this site doesn't make someone a terrible critic.

Film is subjective. Outside of technical shyt like lighting, sloppiness (for example boom mics in shots) or just the bare bones work behind the camera, there's no right or wrong way to do this shyt. The best critics are the ones who understand that and know how express through their writing, podcast, video, or whatever, why the movie made them feel the way it did when it was over but that their opinion isn't end all be all.

I've read plenty of dope criticism that I disagreed with.

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed the first one for what it was - it's also one of the few good video game to film adaptations. It was casted well and the story wasn't too convoluted for even those who didn't follow MK.

I'm definitely watching this one and seeing if it's good or not.

Last edited:

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't need no damn oscar winning performances or none of that shyt. This a movie adapted from a video game. I just want some dope fights, tons of blood, and seeing the characters do what they know to do from the video games. People need to just start taking certain things for what they are. Instead of always tryin to act like they in some higher class of intellectual because "oh I can't enjoy something if its not to my standard of perfection".

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
Ya'll keep saying this like the original wasn't trash. I mean i liked it through my kids googles back then, but the movie wasn't good at all.It's one of those so bad it's good type films. If this one is worse, that means it's utter garbage. Is that what ya'll are saying?
I dunno, I've always legit enjoyed it. It may be nostalgia. Some of the CG (reptile) is hilarious, but I actually think the cast (minus lambert and Kano) is better in the first version. It's a 90's action movie. This is a 2021 action movie. Pick your poison, neither of them are gonna be The Dark Knight but both enjoyable for MK fans.