Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
#1 I’m glad it was rated R and they took full advantage of that

#2 I always enjoy these movies no matter what people say. I liked the old MK movies and even Street Fighter.

you just gotta know what you’re getting and set your expectations

:yeshrug:

watching these in the crib things hit different lol.

if they remove Cole and just did the tourney or just made the movie Terminator with sub Zero chasing cole to kill the bloodline and then scorpion returns things woulda been better

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
9ssh2ypzz4v61.png

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i'd guess there will probably be a sequel. 50% of theaters opened and 1st day streaming on HBO and it still did $22.5M

In the fight between Funimation/Aniplex’s Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train and New Line/Warner Bros./HBO Max’s Mortal Kombat, it is the latter who is the victor with $22.5M while the anime title drew $19.5M.

All of this is a great sign that the world is opening up again as the pandemic eases and vaccinations go up. While we have tapped Warner Bros. on the chin for their audacious theatrical and HBO Max day-and-date strategy (which will catch up with itself eventually), we would not know that these B.O. results were possible if it wasn’t for Warner Bros. Really, theaters wouldn’t be open if it wasn’t for Warner Bros. (and Universal), and sincerely that goes all the way back to late August’s Tenet.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
no one saw how Raiden implied Cole Young had a weak bloodline because he was mixed? :mjlol:

Lord Raiden gave no fukks. Ethered everyone before they got their training. And Sonya received the :hhh: look from Raiden. You can tell he wanted to teleport her back to the bushes:dead:

Kung Lao gave her the:camby:treatment as well:laff:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I think the directors thought u cant make 3 movie in a row about a tournaments ppl would maybe get fatigue about it.

#2 needs to be wayyyy better
I think Mk 3 was an all out war between earth and outworld. Shao khan said fukk the rules and just invaded

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel like some of you nikkas seriously went into this expecting oscar caliber story telling and cinematography from a MK movie...

Fan service, action and gore is what we wanted and its exactly what we got...

Other than Coles plot and Goro being done dirty, there ain't much to complain about here from a fan standpoint...

No one asked for an award winning movie. Just something you can watch more than once. Scorpion's Revenge blows this out of the water. The latest trilogy of games shows that you can craft a cohesive narrative.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I think the directors thought u cant make 3 movie in a row about a tournaments ppl would maybe get fatigue about it.

#2 needs to be wayyyy better

I think Mk 3 was an all out war between earth and outworld. Shao khan said fukk the rules and just invaded
Possibilities for sure and WB not having confidence in the franchise didn't help. Hey if fans are supporting we'll get more end of the day it has to make cash. Godzilla vs Kong is 400 m ww that's incredible :wow::wow:No doubt in my mind it was getting a billy or coming close:wow:Some bullshyt I need theaters back and this virus gone:mjcry: