[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Daps
Will I be lost If I havent played all of the metal gears???

I played metal gear solid (best gaming experience ive ever had), and i played the second with raiden but thats where I stopped

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

I played metal gear solid (best gaming experience ive ever had), and i played the second with raiden but thats where I stopped

honestly, you might be a little lost and you wouldn't get all the inevitable series allusions/call backs that will probably be in the game.

Some of the characters/events wont resonate with you because you wouldn't be that familiar with them.

If you can, play MGS 3 and ground zeroes (those game has the same protagonist as this one) and watch a you tube video on peace walker (TPP is a direct sequel to it). You should be straight.

worst come to worst, read a wiki on all of them before you play TPP.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NeoGAF

This is the problem I've had with this game all along. Especially after I found out Kojima was removed from this series effective after this game. I just got the feeling that this wasn't the planned final game in the series and it was just another chapter in the life of Big Boss that adds little to nothing to the narrative of the entire series. Now with Kojima gone this is a series that will never have it's proper conclusion.

I still believe Metal Gear Solid 4 should have been the end or that if the series continued this should have ended it.
That guy lost me at MGS 4 was a bad game. I liked that game so his opinion holds no weight, and the best story was the first mgs so expecting some epic journey out of this is unrealistic imo. Kojima cant write like that anyway. All I would is a dope story and a dope gameplay and from what I heard and seen ir delivers. Some gamers forget who they are dealing with

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
MGS4's boss battles are fairly pedestrian – save Laughing Octopus and Screaming Mantis – but MGS5 is a return to form. Still, there's nothing – well, as far as I've played, which is a mission or two shy of the 'ending' – to rival the eccentricity and diversity of MGS3; although some battles do pay fan-nodding homage to series' highlights
games radar

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Just watch a youtube vid that explains the story

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
:ohhh:

Serious brehs this crept up on me. I knew this was dropping 2015 but expected Oct/Nov. :blessed::win:

I'm still fukkin with the recent(ish) Revengence and Ground Zero. 1st day cop, standard.

Damn, Wifey gonna be vexed!!!

I'm going to Afghanistan!

Again.............:whew:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:bryan:I'm so easily influenced. I swear I was gonna pass on this shyt after 4, but these review scores got me like :ooh: even though 4 got those same scores. Preordered it for the Quad :martin:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honest to god I was just hoping he hadn't spoiled some shyt for this MGSV :russ:
Lol I peeped the way you said "what?" was in sheer shock like "what?? nikka did you just spoil this shyt?" Lol.
Lol that'd be some ass hole shyt :mjlol: It's not like I spoiled that there are helicopters in this game.