[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
from Kotaku reviewer

I'm not even close to finishing the game but I've skimmed the IGN/GameSpot reviews and I'm starting to suspect that there might indeed be a hidden "true" ending that GameSpot saw but IGN didn't. (That'd help explain why GameSpot raves about the story while IGN says it's disappointing.) Just guessing, though. No spoilers here, but from what I've seen so far, some things MGSV are ostensibly optional but should probably be played or else it seems like you'll miss out on big things.
Hope restored :mjcry:

OoklatheMok

Rookie
Daps
2015-08-2402_28_59-jauopq4.png

Too bad the engine is going to be wasted on pachinko slot games.:francis:
Once I read Konami was focusing on that, i died a little inside

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
from Kotaku reviewer

I'm not even close to finishing the game but I've skimmed the IGN/GameSpot reviews and I'm starting to suspect that there might indeed be a hidden "true" ending that GameSpot saw but IGN didn't. (That'd help explain why GameSpot raves about the story while IGN says it's disappointing.) Just guessing, though. No spoilers here, but from what I've seen so far, some things MGSV are ostensibly optional but should probably be played or else it seems like you'll miss out on big things.

That would kinda make sense, seeing as this is basically a peace walker sequel and peace walker had a "true ending" that not everyone got

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
9's and 10's sofar.

Looks like the game falls off a bit toward the end, but i expected that....and on a much greater scale. Glad that isn't the case.

Looks like this is gonna be the game of this generation, alot of peoples top game ever will probably end up being mgs5.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Apparently there is definitely a secret ending.

In peace walker, you had to collect all the Metal Gear parts to get the secret ending (if i remember correctly), wonder what you have to do in TPP