[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
3GiT154.png

2015-08-2401_31_44-remxsiq.png

"Beautiful locations"?? :wow: I'm hoping for some atmospheric piff next week :ahh:
9 for gameplay? Dude is a hater:camby:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cotdamn it's looking like GOTG. Kojima you a genius, you did it again nikka :mjcry:

Fair warning: Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch. This will be strictly a spoiler free thread until the game comes out. So when posts start getting deleted and users start being banned, don't go complaining. You've been warned. If you want to talk about story aspects of the game, go make a spoiler thread. Leave this one alone.

Last edited:

Ronald

Daps
in the lead up to the finale, you need to spend an hour or two replaying older missions on a higher difficulty setting in order to unlock the last story missions.

:dead: this game was gonna get 10s no matter what

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
For their part, Phantom Pain’s story elements are at least well produced, with beautiful cinematography, and workmanlike performances from everyone, including Keifer Sutherland, who sadly has practically nothing to do as Big Boss. His inexplicable silence through even the most crucial story beats towards the end go beyond mere stoicism, and were positively jarring. Almost gone are the off-topic codec convos, climactic boss battles, and memorable character moments of Metal Gears past. Everyone seems to exist solely to walk on screen, deliver information, and then stand there dramatically.

Guess kojima took all the hate MGS4 got to heart :mjcry:

I loved all the dialogue and cutscenes. thats apart of what makes MGS, MGS.

I guess the tapes will have alot of exposition in them.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Cotdamn it's looking like GOTG. Kojima you a genius, you did it again nikka :mjcry:

Fair warning: Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch. This will be strictly a spoiler free thread until the game comes out. So when posts start getting deleted and users start being banned, don't go complaining. You've been warned. If you want to talk about story aspects of the game, go make a spoiler thread. Leave this one alone.
That's a good idea. If we do end up getting a "spoiler" thread I would like to put out there that we allow @-DMP- to create that thread too. Just a suggestion though.

Ronald

Daps
from Kotaku reviewer

I'm not even close to finishing the game but I've skimmed the IGN/GameSpot reviews and I'm starting to suspect that there might indeed be a hidden "true" ending that GameSpot saw but IGN didn't. (That'd help explain why GameSpot raves about the story while IGN says it's disappointing.) Just guessing, though. No spoilers here, but from what I've seen so far, some things MGSV are ostensibly optional but should probably be played or else it seems like you'll miss out on big things.