[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2015-08-2022_48_32-viuplq9.png

2015-08-2022_26_53-visksh2.png

2015-08-2022_27_13-vis3sws.png

2015-08-2022_27_25-vij8sgo.png

2015-08-2022_33_59-viq7s5c.png

2015-08-2022_36_25-vi5rsvx.png

2015-08-2022_47_16-vil1qgo.png

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain First Official Review Released By French Magazine
mgs2-798x350.jpg

POST TAGS
KONAMIMETAL GEAR SOLID VTHE PHANTOM PAIN
SHARE THIS
INTERESTING POSTS
BY KHURRAM IMTIAZ - AUGUST, 20TH 2015

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be officially released on September 1st. It has a review embargo till this Sunday. There is currently a review event going on in Los Angeles for the game, in addition to various members of the press getting their review copies.

If you were looking for the first official review of the game, it has been awarded 17/20 from JeuxVideo Magazine. You can check their review score in the image below.

Here is a breakdown of their score.

Gameplay : 4 stars / 5
Sound : 4 stars / 5
Graphics : 4 stars / 5
Length : 4 stars / 5
Verdict : 17/20

We will update this article once we have a translation of their review. In the meanwhile, you can take a look at the score for each category.

Update: We have updated the summary with a better translation courtesy of NeoGAF user GhostTrick.

Gameplay – 4 out of 5 stars

The Metal Gear game with the best gameplay, and with the most possibilities even though some aren’t that useful.

Graphics – 4 out of 5 stars

Game looks clean. Although, it clearly shows its crossgen roots. Not the best looking game.

Sound – 4 out of 5 stars

A lot of tracks from the 80s and a nice sound ambiance.

Length – 4 outs of 5 stars

A long playthrough (more than 40 hours) but one that can be tedious at times.

A rich gameplay but also some tedious missions, a plot which promises so much and delivers so few, MGSV is as impressive as it leaves you unsatisfied. A good game, but one difficult to understand. Could it be Kojima’s last mystery?

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be released on PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One and PC on September 1st.

Let us know what you think about this review score in comments below.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Review Event Q&A Recap (By MagVsupreme)
by
JJBB
1 Comment

As you may know Konami is currently holding a Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain three days review event at Konami LA Studio. We're very lucky got invited by them (Thanks Manager!) and our super writer @MagVsupreme has spent a day playing the game. Here is his today's Q&A recap:

Mag - MagVsupreme (MGOF's Super Writer MagSwagCertified (@magneticforce) on Twitter)

"Its time, Thank you everyone for your patience. I will make a few announcements. I am at konami studio in LA for the Review Event. I have a hour to tweet about a few things and will try my best to answer a few from tweets than take questions.

I am playing 8-12 hours a day the full version of MGSV TPP, This is my second day and I finally have time to give you guys some info. I have access to story and FOB. Sorry but no MGO as of now. Lets hope that changes. I will not be spoiling any story at all until a week after release. Gameplay and mechanic info will be release on my youtube."

Mother Base
kcizao: Someone invaded you MB? How`s the feel?
Mag: MB is only story right now, havent gotten far and FOB is invaders and that will come and I will be facng konami workers.

Maps
Ghostkiller1180: Is there more than the three zones ( afghan, Africa and mb) to play in open world?
Mag: As of now im on AFghan and MB, Lets hope and see

AE_spar: is the game really that big?...and just afghan and africa? or there are more locations?
Mag: I havent gotten far but those alone are alot to do and alot to explore. this game is epic and will take along time to complete all

SolidusTurk: Did you see any Major bases like Omega Camp.
Mag: yes

Open World
wiIIoftheboss: does the openess of Afghanistan feel like a design flaw or necessary component to the open world sneaking concept?
Mag: For vet mgs guys they will have alot to get use to, but the alot is unbelievable awesome.

Free7hinker: Given the size of the game, is it well-paced? Is it a cohesive experience and are there a lot of epic cut scenes?
Mag: Its paced well but thats a choice in the players being able to work the freedom in it.

Microtransactions
cryptDemon: Do they have the microtransactions enabled? What are the typical times and prices?
Mag: I havent looked into them and I would ever actually, sorry maybe @MetalGearOnline or @metalgear_en can answer this?

CQC
ILThreatt: Will enemies be able to counter CQC? Like the frogs(MGS4) and Scouts?(Peace Walker) How is the MB Customization?
Mag: I will test on skull soldiers next time maybe they have CQC counter, I tried on Ocelot and he does.

Cutscenes
BigBoss__Snake: about cutscenes... In the time you have been playing... How many hours/minutes of cutscenes are?
Mag: There is a perfect balance between play and cutscenes. Im actually impress with the balance.

Hospital Scene
JosecitoxNyo: what do you think about the hospital chapter?
Mag: A lot of Kojima san in them and it is perfect for vets to still be engaged and new people to be curious. A Lot of mystery still

Aiming Reticules
seeberga: Silly question, but the aiming reticules..between different weapons. Is there a good variety?
Mag: out of the 6 weapons I used yes. Im more of a CQC trans guy

Buddy
kcizao: Did you`ve found D.D.?
Mag: in my first few missions the cute pup followed me. lmao

FaisalSuhail3: can we change quite outfit plz answer me as fast as possible
Mag: I havent found her and I think you can. @MetalGearOnline maybe knows more

SolidusTurk: Did you see new characters, Buddys or Maps?
Mag: There are tons of surprises from the start. SO expect the unexpected

Yong Yea
seeberga: Coffee - check. One tab open for @yongyea another for @magneticforce. Check.
Mag: Yong is sitting next to me playing hard none stop. Awesome fan. I am trying to give fans feedback but itching to play.

Final Build
jaffrybilal: Is there stuff that was cut out of the preview event/press demos that is now present in this final build?
Mag: Cant say but it seems yes alot of pieces to the puzzle
jaffrybilal: could you be more clear. I didn't understand that.
Mag: there is more alot more, just cant get into details

Complete %
seeberga: What is your % complete so far after your first day?
Mag: dont judge me, its 4% and other guys are same or 5% this game is huge so much to do. I dont plan on beating it.

jack_ryan17: do you know roughly how long will take to complete?
Mag: The game is epic, a fool will rush thru it in 50 hours and only complete half or so. A smart man takes his time with greatness

Moby dikk
seeberga: Are you able to explain why there are two chopper names that we have seen, pequiod and Morpho?
Mag: pequiod is refenece to moby dikk theme

General Comments
ss9727: describe it in one word.
Mag: Amazing

eeberga: Have you found anything to be tedious yet?
Mag: No complains there is alot of tense moments. Learning how to travel between missions is key.

julianexcalibur: and my final question, is it explained how big boss lost his arm?
Mag: To be honest I still dont know and that is a story element I wont get into. buy the game of the year and found out.

thabtoUK: Can you customise Big Boss' face in the game?
Mag: I wont be getting into any story elements. Its a mystery you must find out

"I gave up a whole hour to you guys for these tweets while the rest of the guys kept playing. I hope you enjoyed what I can give. I will be making a review post for @MGOForums Most likely dropping it the 23rd of August. Also my Youtube videos of all MGSV TPP.

I want to end this with a reminder to everyone to follow @MGOForums I am here representing them and the community.

I am dropping a very personal article (Be a miracle : The MGSV TPP Review event journey) I just wrote last night but it is about MGS series and this TPP review event."

Thank you so much Mag!

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
fukk it, if it leaks on ps3, im downloading it. its been 7 long years since MGS4 :wow:

That game single handedly made me cop a PS3.

Same here. Bought a ps3 for mgs4. Bought the ps4 for ground zeroes and PP

IM PISSED though cuz I'm flying out to Colombia on the 28th and wont be back for 2 weeks. It'll be hard to avoid this thread.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Same here. Bought a ps3 for mgs4. Bought the ps4 for ground zeroes and PP

IM PISSED though cuz I'm flying out to Colombia on the 28th and wont be back for 2 weeks. It'll be hard to avoid this thread.
you might wanna avoid the Internet. Spoilers gonna be every where next week with review copies and people breaking the street date.