[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah it seems like team work is the way to go here every time I get put on a team that's working together we all beast. Waiting 5+ minutes to get put in a match tho :francis:
Matchmaking needs to be fixed too I see a 5,6, 4 and a gang of 1's....

MGO a put them gang of 1's together for a slaughter :mjlol:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Matchmaking needs to be fixed too I see a 5,6, 4 and a gang of 1's....

MGO a put them gang of 1's together for a slaughter :mjlol:

I was telling Sly this was going to happen too, the minute I heard they tossed Kojima in the bushes there was going to be issues with the online. It's a damn shame too because I haven't felt something this "fresh" in an online game in idk how long. There was this one dude on my team whose gun game was full of struggle but every single round he kept tranq/fulton the other squads top player. At one point I was just following him like :ohhh: I would help cover him so he could get to him quicker w/o getting killed and prevented the fulton from getting shot, this online is dope as fukk.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I was telling Sly this was going to happen too, the minute I heard they tossed Kojima in the bushes there was going to be issues with the online. It's a damn shame too because I haven't felt something this "fresh" in an online game in idk how long. There was this one dude on my team whose gun game was full of struggle but every single round he kept tranq/fulton the other squads top player. At one point I was just following him like :ohhh: I would help cover him so he could get to him quicker w/o getting killed and prevented the fulton from getting shot, this online is dope as fukk.
Only thing is its gonna get old and quick they gonna need some more maps and maybe another class or two.

Actually winning in this is more important then individual stats. Your right teamwork is major.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Im up to level 7 but I've only played for like 2,3 hours you must of been playing all day
I think I got like a solid 5 hours in. Just checked the stream time and it's 6 hours, but at least an hour was just waiting to join up with people on my list.

This game you def want a squad to run with though.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it seems like team work is the way to go here every time I get put on a team that's working together we all beast. Waiting 5+ minutes to get put in a match tho :francis:
This is one of those games where it's going to be immensely better with a team of people. The radar is minimal and even with the indicators for when people are moving and shooting, it's the bare minimum. You can't just radar watch and do too well. You need people telling you what's good, and you also need to let people know when somebody is interrogating you or trying to extract you so they can knock the balloon out.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
damn FOB missions are hard

Sounding casual stop that.

But look, i already got a hang on this Online shyt. Just stay low and fire. Weapon are deadly accurate so you dont have to worry about NADA, unless, youre far away. Keep your noise level low, use cover, dive early and bodies will be caught. Stay close to your team when you catch a lot of bodies because an invisible bytch will catch you slippin and Fulton you. Do not run, even for a moment unless you really feelin yourself. Once u show up for a moment on that mini map eyes are patrolling that position to eliminate the target.

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Elite Gaming :king:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Things that need to be fixed/change from my playing so far.

-Walker speed is too fast. It's ridiculous, and it looks so damn stupid. MGO was always about witty gameplay and gun game, no need for any kind of vehicles in the game
-Constantly having to deal with Cloaked enemies is annoying. Not only is it difficult to see these dudes, but they can literally sprint and zip around the map with the shyt active. Make sure you always have NVGs because half of the other team may be using the Infiltrator Class
-No Host Migration, just started getting a groove in the match? Go on a killstreak? Host leaves, and that's it. Game over
-Getting into the lobbies you want to be in. Right now, there are tons of shytty lobbies with dumb settings for the matches. Bounty Hunter with 25 tickets? Waste of time... you can pick matches individually, but I don't know if you can peak and see what the settings are before joining.
-Gun sway on the DMR that I have out the gate is a bit ridiculous. I mean, I can see for bolt action snipers, but shyt, this DMR has the same amount of sway as a sniper, and it's not really easy to hit guys with it to begin with due to the recoil being high.

All in all the game is fun online, but it can easily get annoying. Especially when you're playing alone. We will be beta testing this clearly.