[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Played a bit last night doing a few SideOps.
In the process of rescuing a High value target I ran into a few guards just standing there staring at me......
Come to find out they were using decoys. :mjlol:
Cheap ass nikkas can't afford soldiers.

EDIT:

Still haven't gone past Mission 18....:wow:
The story sky rockets once you hit mission 32

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
Mission 30?

I believe it's 31.

"let me show you how an elite gamer does it" (@Mowgli ) those are words you don't ever wanna trust.. The trauma that went on
that day will never be forgotten. Snake got PTSD now and damn near got brain damage from all the bullets he took. All for a D rank..

Last edited:

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
Just bounce. Don't sit there and try to go toe to toe with it. I used the GROM missile launcher and gave him that work. If you run out of missiles Kaz will automatically call in a supply drop for you. At one point the helicopter will come down and help you too. Just shoot and run away to give yourself distance and shoot again. Rinse and repeat. Its not really a hard fight at all. I had a blast. You COULD hop into one of the tanks and unload on it too...but you MIGHT get stomped on depending how he reacts.

That's what I've been doing but something stupid always happens when he's down to 15% health. I am upgrading my rockets and will attempt again today

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I believe it's 31.

"let me show you how an elite gamer does it" those are words you don't ever wanna trust.. The trauma that went on
that day will never be forgotten. Snake got PTSD now and damn near got brain damage from all the bullets he took. All for a D rank..

This nikkas lying.

When you had to fight those skulls at the airport with a goddam slingshot who swooped to show you there are other ways to win. My improvisation had you like

:ohhh:

destroying them things without your flabby weapons

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That's what I've been doing but something stupid always happens when he's down to 15% health. I am upgrading my rockets and will attempt again today
:patrice:All I can say is run away. Give yourself plenty of space. It may take a while if your rockets aren't leveled up, but it shouldn't be that difficult. I did this fight twice because I had so much fun with it. Both times were very different. I think the way he reacts is random. On one play through he was dropping a thick red smoke over me that I had to use my goggles to be able to see where he was. On another one he jump onto a far mountain and was trying to snipe me with the laser rail gun. In either case I just keep my distance and chipped away at his health.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I went underneath him literally

Pause :dame:

And just laced his back point blank. He didn't have a chance
:russ:

This is why this game is dope. Ask 5 people how they beat it and they'll tell you something different. I was running around all over the place until I came across the trucks. Hopped in that bytch and lit that thing up. It went down so fast that the lil boy couldn't even appear and I couldn't even destroy it's head.

Now I have high level weapons and infinite ammo to go with it.
:myman:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This nikkas lying.

When you had to fight those skulls at the airport with a goddam slingshot who swooped to show you there are other ways to win. My improvisation had you like

Those skulls at the airport were a pain but I actually used the same strategy and unloaded rockets at them. The difference in that fight is that you have to manually call the ammo drops. Which isn't a big deal if your quick with the idroid.
If you're nice with it you can wait for them to try to attack you with the machete and counter it with R2 and stab them in chest with their own weapon then unload headshots with your weapon of choice. It was definitely the toughest fight in the game so far though IMO.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Those skulls at the airport were a pain but I actually used the same strategy and unloaded rockets at them. The difference in that fight is that you have to manually call the ammo drops. Which isn't a big deal if your quick with the idroid.
If you're nice with it you can wait for them to try to attack you with the machete and counter it with R2 and stab them in chest with their own weapon then unload headshots with your weapon of choice. It was definitely the toughest fight in the game so far though IMO.
I went to the roof and mortard them into oblivion.

This nikka Was literally like

:ohhh: shyt I did the known you could do that wow.

Yeah no shyt you not Elite

:win:

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
This nikkas lying.

Very True.
Another :ohhh: moment was when you had snake hiding under a car fading in and out of consciousness

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm back at this mission unfortunately. The first time it took me a long time to beat it, I got all the tasks, but I got an A Ranking :snoop:

I beat it again last night using the Brennan and by getting to high ground on the Hangar, but 2 of the Skulls usually stay in a position where I can't do any damage to them. Beat it again, and got another A smh, went to bed after that. I'm assuming you have to take the least amount of damage as possible to ensure you'll get the S Rank for this mission, that and take them down as fast as possible.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm back at this mission unfortunately. The first time it took me a long time to beat it, I got all the tasks, but I got an A Ranking :snoop:

I beat it again last night using the Brennan and by getting to high ground on the Hangar, but 2 of the Skulls usually stay in a position where I can't do any damage to them. Beat it again, and got another A smh, went to bed after that. I'm assuming you have to take the least amount of damage as possible to ensure you'll get the S Rank for this mission, that and take them down as fast as possible.
I'm not concerned with S ranking everything yet. On my first play through of any game I allow myself all the mistakes possible and just enjoy the game. Then on my second play through I go through and try to unlock everything.