[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm 115 hours in and only on mission 20. I'm never going to finish this game. Hell I just got to Skellige in the Witcher 3. Matter of fact I never finshed Skyrim or either Fallout. Maybe this is a trend:ohhh:
Get your gap up in that Fob.

I have most weapons in the game before mission 30 with all this cake I'm bringing in robbing these faggits online of staff and resources

Only issue is I can't wash the blood off my face...... :demonic:

You hear that @Los!

Understand who you deal in with. No fillins.

:ufdup:

Jazzy Jay

The Gawd
Daps
Reppin
The A
If this is true... :blessed::blessed:

Apparently, there’s a secret ending in the game with some vey specific unlock requirements. We know about this the way we usually know about this kind of thing: datamining, as first reported by Kotaku. Some intrepid explorers found what appears to be an ending revolving around disarmament, since removed from Youtube. Here’s the operating theory, based on what you could see in the video while it was still up: there are nukes in the game, which you can use in the multiplayer mode, and the ending will only trigger when there are no nukes left in the game, anywhere. So it’s going to require cooperation on the level that video game players aren’t always known for: it makes “Twitch plays Dark Souls” look like child’s play.

There are, of course, players trying to go about disarming the world’s nukes, calling themselves “Metal Gear Philanthropists” on reddit. They’ve got leaderboards, guides, and everything else the anti-nuclear Snake might need to start breaking into other people’s bases and getting rid of nukes. It’s a Sisyphean task, to be sure: people can always build more nukes.

We’ll keep an eye on the situation and see if the world ever gets close to unlocking this particular achievement, but my guess is that it will take a very, very long tim. You still have to hand it to Kojiima, however: it’s the sort of madness that truly captures the particular messaging of the series. The thing is, it’s either a message about the impossibility of nuclear disarmament, or a message about the true power of cooperation in the service of a better world, and it’s up to the players which one it becomes. It’s the sort of thing that’s truly only possible in a video game, which I think we should always be looking out for.
/SPOILER]

Metal Gear Solid 5's Biggest Secret Is Totally Insane

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
They have nothing to announce. Didn't say there will be no dlc. I guarantee we get an announcement in less then 9 months
I sure hope so. We need a chapter 3. At minimum give us mission 51, since it was already planned and partially done. I dunno though...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Apparently, there’s a secret ending in the game with some vey specific unlock requirements. We know about this the way we usually know about this kind of thing: datamining, as first reported by Kotaku. Some intrepid explorers found what appears to be an ending revolving around disarmament, since removed from Youtube. Here’s the operating theory, based on what you could see in the video while it was still up: there are nukes in the game, which you can use in the multiplayer mode, and the ending will only trigger when there are no nukes left in the game, anywhere. So it’s going to require cooperation on the level that video game players aren’t always known for: it makes “Twitch plays Dark Souls” look like child’s play.

There are, of course, players trying to go about disarming the world’s nukes, calling themselves “Metal Gear Philanthropists” on reddit. They’ve got leaderboards, guides, and everything else the anti-nuclear Snake might need to start breaking into other people’s bases and getting rid of nukes. It’s a Sisyphean task, to be sure: people can always build more nukes.

We’ll keep an eye on the situation and see if the world ever gets close to unlocking this particular achievement, but my guess is that it will take a very, very long tim. You still have to hand it to Kojiima, however: it’s the sort of madness that truly captures the particular messaging of the series. The thing is, it’s either a message about the impossibility of nuclear disarmament, or a message about the true power of cooperation in the service of a better world, and it’s up to the players which one it becomes. It’s the sort of thing that’s truly only possible in a video game, which I think we should always be looking out for.
/SPOILER]

I'm so glad I saw the video before it got taken down. I don't see us ever getting that ending though. I mean how can you get millions of players on the same page? It seems impossible.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm so glad I saw the video before it got taken down. I don't see us ever getting that ending though. I mean how can you get millions of players on the same page? It seems impossible.
I don't even think this video was intended to be seen. I think it's just some content not finished and people so happen to think it's "secret."

More like "secret" DLC.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps

/SPOILER]

It was like a 5 minute cutscene about nothing really though. a few million people cooperating for that?

Here it is

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

must def not seeing that shyt because they're going have to come on my fob and destroy my nuke themselves and that ain't happening