[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
:pacspit:STRAT GUIDES I DO THIS DOLO
:pacspit:DISEASE
MY BASE BACK ON FLEEK
Africa:ufdup:
MY ARABS:salute:

Edit: About Disease, not really a spoiler
The disease seems to spread to the lower ranks on your base, but if you let it spread while you do missions, it'll start to scale up. It's not really Africans, it's more the language, but you can't who speaks what until you extract

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I already see why Snake hardly talks in the cutscenes.. Since you can use generic soldiers in game, they simply replace the character model with whoever you're using. I can see why someone would say it doesn't "feel" like MGS to some extent. I mean it seems kind of weird how I'm running around with some generic dude completing missions. I'm not sure how i feel about this tbh... It's like they made the game into some sort of rpg lite game.

I haven't gotten far at all, but the crazy thing is that this game is a lot like peace walker with an open world, except in peace walker snake talked all the time.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't gotten far at all, but the crazy thing is that this game is a lot like peace walker with an open world, except in peace walker snake talked all the time.
I never played peace walker.
I just noticed certain scenes will still show snake though.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Concerning the last few posts, that's one way of looking at it. You'll know what I meant when the time comes.
On another note, stay off of Gamefaqs.

:beli:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
your mother base soldiers and you will get infected and die after mission 20 or so if you fulton africans and apparently non-english speaking soldiers will die as a result, if I'm correct about mission 28 they will tell you something about that

Bren I had 900 people on my roster. I had to quarantine 450 people manually. shyt took a good hour. As soon as I was done 20 died two of them were on my A++ hit squad that I send out on missions. They have never failed or lost anybody and they were A++ on all stats. :sadcam: My MB lvls dropped hard too...

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
t0nHOMx.png

fkcxgo.jpg
Refuse to lock troublemakers in the waiting room bruhs. :snoop:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I already see why Snake hardly talks in the cutscenes.. Since you can use generic soldiers in game, they simply replace the character model with whoever you're using. I can see why someone would say it doesn't "feel" like MGS to some extent. I mean it seems kind of weird how I'm running around with some generic dude completing missions. I'm not sure how i feel about this tbh... It's like they made the game into some sort of rpg lite game.
Spoil the game for everyone bruhs. Just had to purposely not put spoiler tags around your post.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
fukk I FIGURED OUT WHATS GOING ON :damn:
DO NOT RECRUIT AFRICANS:sadcam:
:mjpls: How's that diversity working for you, Kaz?

This game was a long roller coaster ride from beginning to end, steals Witcher 3's bid for GOTY. Witcher 3 does side quests better though, every single one of them seemed to matter. The only important ones in TPP were the ones in yellow font.