[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn the way yall make this shyt sound it looks like this game has some crazy ass little details in it. I took an L for letting my brother borrow it without touching it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: I can't believe I been playing this shyt with the wrong visual settings on my PC the past two days.
I had my shyt set to FULL RGB which TV's regularly don't support making blacks look CRUSHED and basically removing detail. I straight up was using the night vision googles as soon as it hit sundown since the game was DARK and nikkas talking about "put your brightness up!!" lol it wasn't that.

This is how my shyt looked before i changed the setting.
*ignore the obvious glare and color bleed*
IVo3BRn.jpg

. The pitch blackness of the background is how my shyt looked. It was damn near impossible to see a few feet ahead of me at night. I thought Kojima went wild on the realism and made it super real but yeah it's fixed for me.

If you're on a HDTV, check this image out THROUGH YOUR PS4(Browser, DLNA) and you should be able to see at least 26 squares. If you can't, try turning your brightness up a lilttle. If you still can't then your TV doesn't support RGB FULL which isn't a problem as TV's don't really support that. Change your PS4 RGB settings to limited and try again. You should be able to see at least 26 of the squares aside from the first two.
fullrgb_test.jpg

This is important in a game like this and anything else.

I'm gonna make a thread for this because I know it's mad nikkas running around with fukked up settings thinking they :eat: when they got crushed blacks hiding details in the dark and straight up.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: I can't believe I been playing this shyt with the wrong visual settings on my PC the past two days.
I had my shyt set to FULL RGB which TV's regularly don't support making blacks look CRUSHED and basically removing detail. I straight up was using the night vision googles as soon as it hit sundown since the game was DARK and nikkas talking about "put your brightness up!!" lol it wasn't that.

This is how my shyt looked before i changed the setting.
*ignore the obvious glare and color bleed*
IVo3BRn.jpg

. The pitch blackness of the background is how my shyt looked. It was damn near impossible to see a few feet ahead of me at night. I thought Kojima went wild on the realism and made it super real but yeah it's fixed for me.

If you're on a HDTV, check this image out THROUGH YOUR PS4(Browser, DLNA) and you should be able to see at least 26 squares. If you can't, try turning your brightness up a lilttle. If you still can't then your TV doesn't support RGB FULL which isn't a problem as TV's don't really support that. Change your PS4 RGB settings to limited and try again. You should be able to see at least 26 of the squares aside from the first two.
fullrgb_test.jpg

This is important in a game like this and anything else.
My TV supports this but I turned it off. Maybe I should set it to that for this game though.

I don't like how dim my TV gets though :why:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My TV supports this but I turned it off. Maybe I should set it to that for this game though.

I don't like how dim my TV gets though :why:
Your TV has a "RGB FULL" or "FULL COLORSPACE" or something setting?? If so enable it and enable full on PS4. Don't leave it to automatic as I think the ps4 settings are bugged.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Your TV has a "RGB FULL" or "FULL COLORSPACE" or something setting?? If so enable it and enable full on PS4. Don't leave it to automatic as I think the ps4 settings are bugged.
Nah I know. Basically makes my TV look like a PC. The colors are more accurate, but I like my screen saturated :mjcry:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah I know. Basically makes my TV look like a PC. The colors are more accurate, but I like my screen saturated :mjcry:
:what:? Breh, calibrate your TV :dead:
You're sacrificing detail in dark scenes and visibility for over saturated colors that bleed?? That is not how Kojima would intent for you to play the game. nikkas like me out here playing with night vision goggles at sunset and shyt :mjlol:.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I been playing these like crazy but boss being a in game silent character is really fukking with me

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:what:? Breh, calibrate your TV :dead:
You're sacrificing detail in dark scenes and visibility for over saturated colors that bleed?? That is not how Kojima would intent for you to play the game. nikkas like me out here playing with night vision goggles at sunset and shyt :mjlol:.
It's my TV damnit :mjcry: