[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
. The mountains thing is irrelevant in the second map. It's in the first map to make things easier and more focused for the player, I reckon. And it's also not true of certain parts of the first map, eg the Western area.

2. Every single 'collectible' in the game has gameplay impact. Herbs help you make better weapons/upgrades. Diamonds help you pay for upgrades. Materials help you with upgrades and base-building and can be sold. Comms dishes knock out reinforcement calls to other bases. Comms stations knock out all communications to HQ. Anti-air arrays allow you to call in choppers. Invoices let you fast travel. Cassette tapes let you feel like a badass and fill down-time between missions. Posters get you money and can be put on your cardboard box to distract guards.

Let's compare that to most other open world games shall we?

Animus fragments. Do nothing. Riddler trophies. Some are amazing, but most are just there for the sake of it and do nothing. Pigeons in GTAIV. Do nothing. The thousands of notes and stupid pointless side missions in FarCry 4. Do nothing, except rarely a unique weapon which you'll have a better version of anyway.

3. Side ops are not 'filler missions'. They are a) optional b) often really fun even if it's the same objective as an old one and c) help you expand MB/your gear.

Christ man, at this stage it sounds like you just have really heavy confirmation bias and you're complaining for the sake of it.

Play for another 10 hours and get back to us. Your complains seem really, truly insane.
good response to "mgsv has a bunch of filler " post

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
good response to "mgsv has a bunch of filler " post

nikkas that don't have the game and come in here wanting complain should be banned from the thread. I don't want to see that neogaf type fakkitry in here :birdman:

I'm not even out of Afghanistan yet, I'm playing like trash and it's still my GOTY. :wow:

I wasn't able to get him until later on.

I used the tranq sniper. 1 headshot put him down

That bear...
killed me the first time I encountered it. I hit it in the head with the tranq pistol twice (thinking it was enough :snoop:) and nikka charged me and smacked me down. I'm like :whoa: trying to get back up then I get smacked to death.

Second time around I just repeatedly shot it with the tranq pistol again just used the dive button whenever it got close. I think it took 16 shots to take down. :whew:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas that don't have the game and come in here wanting complain should be banned from the thread. I don't want to see that neogaf type fakkitry in here :birdman:

I'm not even out of Afghanistan yet, I'm playing like trash and it's still my GOTY. :wow:

That bear...
killed me the first time I encountered it. I hit it in the head with the tranq pistol twice (thinking it was enough :snoop:) and nikka charged me and smacked me down. I'm like :whoa: trying to get back up then I get smacked to death.

Second time around I just repeatedly shot it with the tranq pistol again just used the dive button whenever it got close. I think it took 16 shots to take down. :whew:
The game play makes simple objectives so good. A simple "destroy this " mission plays out so crazy.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

D Horse taking a shyt and watching the car spin out doesn't get old.

Escaping missions by jumping onto containers you are fultoning is so useful, I was once struggling to run from an encounter, decided to beeline to a container, made getaway, somehow got S rank. Likewise, sticking all your unconscious enemies into a car to conserve Fulton balloons.

:mindblown:

Last edited:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I'm going to need one of y'all with the ce edition to bust out that info about the 51 mission in a couple of weeks.