[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

I was wondering why they asked for your birthday. This is a pretty cool easter egg. (Not a story spoiler)

@-DMP- @Los! @Mowgli

Not reading anymore of your spoilers, I think one of yours might spoiled something yesterday. the one about the prologue. I stopped reading but I still saw a name that I don't think I should have lol :francis:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Not reading anymore of your spoilers, I think one of yours might spoiled something yesterday. the one about the prologue. I stopped reading but I still saw a name that I don't think I should have lol :francis:
It was a theory...I don't think I spoiled anything...I'm very careful with that, especially with this game. What I said about the prologue I only mentioned characters that should be common knowledge to anyone who played the previous games. I'm only on mission 6 so anything I mentioned is just me wondering out loud. My bad if I DID spoil anything though.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
For those of us that bought the collector's edition and were wondering what is on the second disc that came inside of the steel case...

Collector's Edition Blu-Ray Shows Metal Gear Solid V's Apparently Cut "Episode 51"

mgsv51tpp610.jpg

If you've finished Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain already, odds are that you have a couple questions about the resolution of a particular plot thread. It turns out that Kojima Productions has answers for you...but those answers didn't make it into the final version of the game.

Included in the Collector's Edition of the game (which also comes with a weird hand) is a Blu-Ray disc with behind-the-scenes features. One of those features is a look at "Episode 51," a mission that apparently takes place after all of the other events in the game. I won't go into details here since they involve late-game spoilers for The Phantom Pain, but if you're interested, you can watch the (spoiler-filled) video from YouTube user Inzaa to see the 18-minute sequence.

Considering that the feature includes voice work from characters like Big Boss and Miller, along with partly finished cutscenes, this content was likely initially intended to be part of the core Phantom Pain experience, but it obviously did not make the final cut.

[Source: NeoGAF]

Our Take
This sequence resolves a major lingering plot thread that remained conspicuously unaddressed during the main game. On one hand, I'm angry that such important information didn't make it into the game considering how little story-based content is in The Phantom Pain in the first place. On the other hand, I'm glad that Kojima Productions found a way to release this somehow – even in non-playable form – to answer my questions about what happened after the final credits rolled.

Collector's Edition Blu-Ray Shows Metal Gear Solid V's Apparently Cut "Episode 51"

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It was a theory...I don't think I spoiled anything...I'm very careful with that, especially with this game. What I said about the prologue I only mentioned characters that should be common knowledge to anyone who played the previous games. I'm only on mission 6 so anything I mentioned is just me wondering out loud. My bad if I DID spoil anything though.

yea... yall theories be sounding a lil too good :mjpls:

I just saw one name and started connecting dots and was like, oh shyt, did he just inception spoil me? :russ: :mjcry:

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
For those of us that bought the collector's edition and were wondering what is on the second disc that came inside of the steel case...

mgsv51tpp610.jpg

If you've finished Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain already, odds are that you have a couple questions about the resolution of a particular plot thread. It turns out that Kojima Productions has answers for you...but those answers didn't make it into the final version of the game.

Included in the Collector's Edition of the game (which also comes with a weird hand) is a Blu-Ray disc with behind-the-scenes features. One of those features is a look at "Episode 51," a mission that apparently takes place after all of the other events in the game. I won't go into details here since they involve late-game spoilers for The Phantom Pain, but if you're interested, you can watch the (spoiler-filled) video from YouTube user Inzaa to see the 18-minute sequence.

Considering that the feature includes voice work from characters like Big Boss and Miller, along with partly finished cutscenes, this content was likely initially intended to be part of the core Phantom Pain experience, but it obviously did not make the final cut.

[Source: NeoGAF]

Our Take
This sequence resolves a major lingering plot thread that remained conspicuously unaddressed during the main game. On one hand, I'm angry that such important information didn't make it into the game considering how little story-based content is in The Phantom Pain in the first place. On the other hand, I'm glad that Kojima Productions found a way to release this somehow – even in non-playable form – to answer my questions about what happened after the final credits rolled.

Isnt there a hidden, "true ending" like peace walker tho. I wonder if this has anything to do with that.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
yea... yall theories be sounding a lil too good :mjpls:

I just saw one name and started connecting dots and was like, oh shyt, did he just inception spoil me? :russ: :mjcry:
I think you are talking about when I mentioned the boss from MGS3 and one of the bosses from MGS1. Its all theories and we have to remember that one of them has the abilities to completely control your mind, so its very likely that what we see in game doesn't even exist. I'm ready for some major plot twists involving these characters. I can't put the game down either. The story definitely does take too much of a back seat most of the time but the gameplay is so incredible I cant find a way to complain about anything. You just have to keep up with the overall story and characters. This is my favorite series so a lot of whats going on makes perfect sense to me and I can already kind of see where things are headed.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm assuming that Psycho Mantis is working for Major Zero (Cipher) right? I've gotten up to the 6th mission. I'm unsure though because it seems like he had a bunch of opportunities to kill big boss and he didn't. The Volgin character didn't really try to kill Big Boss either. It was like the whole time they were just trying to flush him out into the open.
So that is
Psycho Mantis
in the intro. The child with the mask?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So that is
Psycho Mantis
in the intro. The child with the mask?

It absolutely HAS to be. Have you played, and beat, metal gear solid on PS1. I didn't remember until I played through it again, but several of the bosses in that game even mention Big Boss, except they call him by a different name, which is the one he will be given in this game.