[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
anybody else having issues with side ops you've already beaten coming back up?

has anybody seen the fight they kept showing in the trailers?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The Checkpoint system in this game can be wacky.

Some of the time in between saves is lengthy, so if you restart a checkpoint before it does, you'll lose all the stuff you did up til that point. This goes for all the materials you pick up, the mission objectives and everything else. It's annoying, so I lowkey stopped restarting until I know for sure I got a save.

That's the only reason stuff could be popping back up for you.

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps

Some of the time in between saves is lengthy, so if you restart a checkpoint before it does, you'll lose all the stuff you did up til that point. This goes for all the materials you pick up, the mission objectives and everything else. It's annoying, so I lowkey stopped restarting until I know for sure I got a save.

All the family you need is at mother base :ufdup:.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This is a dumb question, but how do you upgrade mother base? I'm on mission 4 and can't figure out how to add things to mother base. Does it come later?

Also, I bought some mb coins thinking I could use them for my mother base and upgrade more quickly. Are mb coins only used for FOB?

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

i'm not losing anything though. the check mark shows that i've finished it and the people and items i've extracted show up in the resources, inventory, and staff. it's annoying because it says i have 16 side ops open but in reality i've only 10 open.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset

i'm not losing anything though. the check mark shows that i've finished it and the people and items i've extracted show up in the resources, inventory, and staff. it's annoying because it says i have 16 side ops open but in reality i've only 10 open.

Exact same thing

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Anyone else suddenly have terrible iDroid loading times? :wtf:

Was fine las night now I choose development literally takes like a full minute to load :mindblown:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I took another look at this and I see what you mean.

The 6 MB missions still have that little white light next to them even though I've already done them. Maybe those stay like that because you can play them multiple times.

It should still clear from the running total amount though

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is a dumb question, but how do you upgrade mother base? I'm on mission 4 and can't figure out how to add things to mother base. Does it come later?

Also, I bought some mb coins thinking I could use them for my mother base and upgrade more quickly. Are mb coins only used for FOB?
You need a certain amount of materials, GMP, and the departments that you want to expand have to be a certain level I think.