teacher

All Star
Daps
Coogler fukked up by giving a gun that could easily kill the fish men to nakia and not giving anybody else that gun when they were going at them smh, that and not developing Shuri into a fighter after being a liability in 2 movies.

teacher

All Star
Daps
This is automatically better than Wakanda Forever.

And war is war and losses happen because it makes for a good story, but to show Wakanda getting slapped around and losing prominent people (Like Queen Ramonda) without any serious military push back is ridiculous and it shows that Coogler doesn't know what he's doing nor does he respect the source material or the franchise.

Because fighting Wakanda is supposed to be like fighting people with magic given their technological capabilities. Instead he drags them down to the level of countries he understands to weaken them.

Someone like Antoine Fuqua or F Gary Gray might well do a better job.

And like I mentioned previously a low cost Black Panther cartoon from 2010 on BET of all places showed T'Challa and Wakanda better than Coogler and his 250 million dollar budget movie did.

T'Challa and Shuri took on and defeated the following invaders: Radioactive Man, Black Knight, Juggernaut (!), the USA :mjpls: , Klaw, and even another rival african country that tried to invade as well. All without losing his mom or sister for some cheap emotional punch to the audience because the director doesn't know what they're doing.

So it can be done it's just that the people in charge don't care.
Word how come shuri and tchalla didn’t double team namor?!? Oh yeah t’challa was dead. Apples to oranges my g

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
it's good... but not great if that's the end result. This had massive hype off the 1st one and yes they spent a ton of money. it's also a full run.. not an abbreviated 45 days.

Pretty much this.

It's a decent, but not an amazing haul. This should have been the movie to push this franchise into the upper echelons of the MCU. The first movie, Infinity War and Endgame laid solid foundations.

I liked WF but it severely lacks rewatchability. And unlike the first movie, I doubt many people have gone back to rewatch this at the cinema. That's a problem.

Marvel respected Cooglers decision but it's looking like a misstep, let us look out at the current Marvel movie landscape and tell me how T'Challa would not completely dominate it.

It currently has no leading light. No competent leadership. Steve Rogers is gone, so is Ironman, They've made the Hulk, Thor and Dr Strange into bumbling emasculated jokes. Falcon and War Machine are still sidekicks They Deeboed Cap 4 away from The New Cap and made it a Hulk movie in all but name.

This is why a situation like that will never be allowed to happen again. The General Ross recast is a good example of that. Marvel wanted him for Cap 4 he got recast with nary a complaint. And before anyone pipes up with, well he wasn't the main character. Of course, he isn't but Marvel considers him far too important to the overall story to put him on ice.

The ultra sad thing is if we did have a recast T'Challa he could have been set off across these other movies coming out. Now I feel Marvel doesn't really know what to do with this franchise without an adult T'Challa. And so are Disney Plussing it with that Wakanda show.

Such a wasted opportunity. I'm hoping Disney says fukk it and does some time hijinks.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Pretty much this.

It's a decent, but not an amazing haul. This should have been the movie to push this franchise into the upper echelons of the MCU. The first movie, Infinity War and Endgame laid solid foundations.

I liked WF but it severely lacks rewatchability. And unlike the first movie, I doubt many people have gone back to rewatch this at the cinema. That's a problem.

Marvel respected Cooglers decision but it's looking like a misstep, let us look out at the current Marvel movie landscape and tell me how T'Challa would not completely dominate it.

It currently has no leading light. No competent leadership. Steve Rogers is gone, so is Ironman, They've made the Hulk, Thor and Dr Strange into bumbling emasculated jokes. Falcon and War Machine are still sidekicks They Deeboed Cap 4 away from The New Cap and made it a Hulk movie in all but name.

This is why a situation like that will never be allowed to happen again. The General Ross recast is a good example of that. Marvel wanted him for Cap 4 he got recast with nary a complaint. And before anyone pipes up with, well he wasn't the main character. Of course, he isn't but Marvel considers him far too important to the overall story to put him on ice.

The ultra sad thing is if we did have a recast T'Challa he could have been set off across these other movies coming out. Now I feel Marvel doesn't really know what to do with this franchise without an adult T'Challa. And so are Disney Plussing it with that Wakanda show.

Such a wasted opportunity. I'm hoping Disney says fukk it and does some time hijinks.

Yeah i said before this Superhero shyt is not for Ryan. Stick to Dramas. I said before folks like BP1 but to me Tchalla was weak in it.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Quick thoughts

1. This movie should’ve been released in February. It should’ve dropped after far from home. Marvel left about $200 million on the table as a result.

2. This movie is arguably better than the first one. But because it was released in the mist of a meh phase 4 it didn’t get the credit it deserved.

3. Incorporating the death of an actor into a movie has never been done before on this scale and they pulled it off. I get why people wanted to recast, but they introduced a new T’Challa and set that character up to be apart of the MCU for another decade and beyond. They will also be able to explore T’Challa’s relationship with Storm in the future something they wouldn’t have been able to do with Boseman or if they recast.

4. Letitia Wright showed her acting range and abilities in this but won’t get the credit she deserves. And a lot of the criticisms about Shuri being black panther and having combat training are unfounded.

5. People complain about the lack of strong black men in Wakanda. But don’t realize they dealt with civil unrest and infighting in the first black panther, then had massive casualties fighting in Infinity War and End Game. Not to mention Wakanda was always a passive/secrecy society with no enemies or acts of aggression. Nobody tried them in the modern world so there was no need for them to have this massive army. They will change or should change going forward.

6. Like the first black panther, this one didn’t get much love outside of the US and it’s sad. Normally the global ticket sales is comprised of 60% overseas. The last one didn’t even hit 50% and neither will this.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Pretty much this.

T'Challa if he was still around would have a country to run and wouldn't have time to be the leader. Also I'm pretty sure Marvel wouldn't have a breh be in charge of the avengers anyway :mjpls:

Also Shuri as BP was a terrible idea. On re-watching WF she looks scrawny next to even Lupita. Who would have been a better choice, or Okoye (who had a lot to prove after being stripped of her status), or M'Baku.

And yeah that's a general complaint across the MCU that they turned most of the guys into bumbling idiots or simply pushed them off to the side. Particularly the Hulk and Thor. And Dr. Strange is a weird one. I don't think he ever really worked too well since he seems to get overshadowed in every movie he's in.

Wong actually does work though but they're not going to let him take over. Even though on that trash heap of a show She Hulk he was one of the best characters.

And yeah Cap 4 with Mackie is going to be an ensemble movie where he's basically a side character in his own movie because he's black. :mjpls:

Same thing with Kang where rumor has it he won't really be allowed to boss up :mjpls:

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
T'Challa if he was still around would have a country to run and wouldn't have time to be the leader. Also I'm pretty sure Marvel wouldn't have a breh in charge of the avengers anyway :mjpls:

Also Shuri as BP was a terrible idea. On re-watching WF she looks scrawny next to even Lupita. Who would have been a better choice, or Okoye (who had a lot to prove after being stripped of her ranking), or M'Baku.

And yeah that's a general complaint across the MCU that they turned most of the guys into bumbling idiots or simply pushed them off to the side. Particularly the Hulk and Thor. And Dr. Strange is a weird one. I don't think he ever really worked too well since he seems to get overshadowed in every movie he's in.

Wong actually does work though but they're not going to let him take over. Even though on that trash heap of a show She Hulk he was one of the best characters.

And yeah Cap 4 with Mackie is going to be an ensemble movie where he's basically a side character in his own movie because he's black. :mjpls:

Same thing with Kang where rumor has it he won't really be allowed to boss up :mjpls:
Size don’t matter when you have super human strength :mindblown:

And it’s not like she wanted to take the mantle.

1. She had no choice
2. She wanted to be the Guinea pig.

The fact that y’all can understand the underlining theme in this movie and Shuri’s arc is :snoop:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
T'Challa if he was still around would have a country to run and wouldn't have time to be the leader. Also I'm pretty sure Marvel wouldn't have a breh in charge of the avengers anyway :mjpls:

Also Shuri as BP was a terrible idea. On re-watching WF she looks scrawny next to even Lupita. Who would have been a better choice, or Okoye (who had a lot to prove after being stripped of her ranking), or M'Baku.

It's funny that all the characters mentioned are better portrayed in Russo bros MCU movies.

Dr Strange felt powerful and competent in both IW and EG, Same with Thor he was jokey but when shyt needed to get done, it got done.

Even T'Challa felt powerful and 3 moves ahead of everyone else in CW and we all saw how he got down in IW and EG

Tbh I think looking at Marvels plan T'Challa was most def being groomed for a bigger role in the Avengers and the general MCU

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
T'Challa if he was still around would have a country to run and wouldn't have time to be the leader. Also I'm pretty sure Marvel wouldn't have a breh be in charge of the avengers anyway :mjpls:

Also Shuri as BP was a terrible idea. On re-watching WF she looks scrawny next to even Lupita. Who would have been a better choice, or Okoye (who had a lot to prove after being stripped of her status), or M'Baku.

Their plan was to have Captain Marvel, Black Panther & Spidey as their next trinity, replacing Iron Man, Cap & Thor. Reception to Captain Marvel's movie altered the plan, COVID delayed it, Boseman's death completely decimated it. And Sony & Marvel keep throwing out Spidey movies to buy time.

They've since promoted Dr. Strange. They may promote Sam, but I doubt it

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Their plan was to have Captain Marvel, Black Panther & Spidey as their next trinity, replacing Iron Man, Cap & Thor. Reception to Captain Marvel's movie altered the plan, COVID delayed it, Boseman's death completely decimated it. And Sony & Marvel keep throwing out Spidey movies to buy time.

streets rooting for Kang to wash all these nikkas at this point

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

Spider Man was never going or be the next “trinity” .

And Black Panther was never going to be an Avenger.

Captain Marvel wasn’t going to be an Avenger either.

All bullshyt.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I think it was a good movie but It’s not Chadwick man… I think I would’ve preferred a recast. I just liked Chadwick more than the character I guess. Still lots to enjoy here tho.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Just got to the part where they meet Riri and it’s already better than part one :wow: