Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This is the primary reason I don't want storm or namor; They've haven't really fleshed out T'Challa's character and they've done a great job at world-building with Wakanda and people. I much rather see them keep it self contained and save the namor stuff for a avengers film or maybe the 3rd if they do enough with this one.

I thought it was a awful characterization, for a african prince being raised to be a king, had deer in headlights syndrome the whole film, the big reveal didn't have as much of an impact since T'Challa really didn't change at all.

Nahh breh, the characterization i described is real world shyt. We see it all the time with how kids are raised in households, especially of privilege. That's the truth of it. How great Boseman executed the characterization is different than speaking on the characterization itself. And to keep it a buck, there was nothing unpredictable about T'Challa's "subtle" character arc in the movie.. so i'd take some of the more "obvious" (like those deleted scenes) because it adds a fuller picture to his character.

Killmonger wasn't conflicted at every turn; nygga knew exactly what he wanted to do. Nor is it about generalizing that people want it clearly one way or another, it's just calling the ish for what it is: I thought Boseman was great but i also see what they were trying to do (and avoid doing) based on the Killmonger character

Yall are overlooking the fact that both lost their fathers at different stages of their lives. Coogler even said that in one of the behind the scenes vids before the movie came out how that can alter your decision making.

T'Challa had just lost his father a week ago. Killmonger lost his father years ago. So yes they are going to process it different. When you are grieving you are going to come down from it and not truly put your stamp on things right away. Thats great screen writing. He's just truly processing the death and then blindsided. Killmonger had been building to that moment his entire life.

You also have to realize what was setup in Civil War makes things the way they are as well. He just lost his father. He just spared his father's murderer. He just took in Winter Soldier to get healed. So to have him that strong in other direction wouldn't have made sense either. T'Challa was ultimately taking a half measure. Which is what happens sometimes in life.

He discovered a lot of shyt in just a week's time and paid for it.

Also what I mean by obvious is..

We've seen enough Marvel movies where the hero is obviously wrong (Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Strange) and needed to learn a hard lesson. In this there was no easy answers and he wasn't as sure what was best. Thats unique enough to set it apart from others.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I
Yall are overlooking the fact that both lost their fathers at different stages of their lives. Coogler even said that in one of the behind the scenes vids before the movie came out how that can alter your decision making.

T'Challa had just lost his father a week ago. Killmonger lost his father years ago. So yes they are going to process it different. When you are grieving you are going to come down from it and not truly put your stamp on things right away. Thats great screen writing. He's just truly processing the death and then blindsided. Killmonger had been building to that moment his entire life.

You also have to realize what was setup in Civil War makes things the way they are as well. He just lost his father. He just spared his father's murderer. He just took in Winter Soldier to get healed. So to have him that strong in other direction wouldn't have made sense either. T'Challa was ultimately taking a half measure. Which is what happens sometimes in life.

He discovered a lot of shyt in just a week's time and paid for it.

Also what I mean by obvious is..

We've seen enough Marvel movies where the hero is obviously wrong (Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Strange) and needed to learn a hard lesson. In this there was no easy answers and he wasn't as sure what was best. Thats unique enough to set it apart from others.

Nah breh, you're overlooking what I'm saying. It absolutely makes sense to have strong emotion that "my father is the shyt" for T'Challa because nothing in Civil War changed his perspective about how great his father was. In fact, he still had that sentiment in the BP movie but those scenes got cut out of the theatrical version... he felt strongly about that shyt; he was a daddy's boy.

Not to mention, if we're bringing up Civil War... you do remember T'Chaka's speech right? He said the death of the Wakandan ambassadors from the Nigeria incident wouldn't drive Wakanda back from their goodwill mission; that they (Wakanda) have been in the shadows for too long and now they will fight to improve the world they wish to join...

In other words, T'Chaka and T'Challa were already doing what T'Challa decided to do at the end of the BP movie :heh:

No Killmonger needed:mjlol:

Which is why i'm focusing on the BP movie and my OG point about how they did BP's characterization with Killmonger's revamped history in mind.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:dwillhuh: we NOT excited for Namor? :dahell:
I am, fukk it. I hope they get Keanu to play him too.
zg40rjj69f531.jpg

daanesh-bhathena-namor.jpg

Conz

Superstar
Daps
feel like T'Challa would get outshined (outshone?) in his own movie again, but i wanna see Marvel fukk with the underwater shyt, so bring it on. Keanu is too old though.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
main-qimg-ce8d165f9e5f46c3ef37ddcc5db8cb8c

main-qimg-49fdca0a781c07a4d9f317fbcb009340

main-qimg-cc1aa247b3bddd523791e18ec258d097

main-qimg-6a4ce668777c4b0c6593eb2daf852d17

Namor: Why'd you bring me here? Did yall accept my peace offering :smugbiden:
BP: :ld:
Namor: Wait, then why did you bri- :mjtf:

BP: :ld::ld:

Namor: What have you done??:damn:

BP: What giants do :demonic:

Namor::mjcry:

The BP/Namor beef was some sad alternate Pac/Biggie ish. Literally everybody died but them; Shuri was killed, Wakanda destroyed, Atlantis destroyed, the multiverse destroyed, and it was only then BP and Namor were like... what the fuk are we even still trying to kill each other for ?:to: