Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This is the review I was waiting for... And tbh this is everything I expected :francis:

A good movie in and of itself, but all things considered, a horribly missed opportunity for the franchise and for a young actor somewhere.

I'm sure black panther 3 will accommodate folks with that.

Dude man showed up dressed in full African garb and a crown knowing good and GOT DAMN well what the movies tone gonna be and still came out salty.

At this point if you already know what the tone is, check your feelings before hand so you can appreciate the movie for what it is rather than what you complained it wouldn't be over the last 8 months.

Last edited:

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps

Dude man showed up dressed in full African garb and a crown knowing good and GOT DAMN well what the movies tone gonna be and still came out salty.

At this point if you already know what the tone is, check your feelings before hand so you can appreciate the movie for what it is rather than what you complained it wouldn't be over the last 8 months.

I mean I can't speak for homie but he did say it was a good film. If it made him feel a certain way then that shouldn't be ignored.

There's millions of ppl out there who like himself, wanted a recasting of TChalla. If anything he's just letting those ppl know how this film might make them feel as well. I can't fault him for that :manny:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I never had any doubt about them honoring Chadwick's death in a grand manner. It seems like that's the bases for the heart and praise it's getting.

But, it does seem like a lot of the reviews coincide with what was expected with the leaked script. They better hope the black community doesn't treat this like Luke Cage s2.

darryl

Superstar
Daps

Nikka stfu

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
All this hooplah about them not recasting black panther.. for all we know, there could be an after credits scene of killmonger being resurrected lol
I keep feeling like that is what's gonna happen myself...

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Nikka stfu

I understand for an individual such as yourself that my words might be difficult to process and comprehend. It's okay. No need to be agitated. I got you.

Scroll back up, sound out the words, and take pauses between the sentences. You'll be fine.

It's how I taught your mother to read. She's coming to the premiere with me on the 11th.

Last edited:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I mean I can't speak for homie but he did say it was a good film. If it made him feel a certain way then that shouldn't be ignored.

There's millions of ppl out there who like himself, wanted a recasting of TChalla. If anything he's just letting those ppl know how this film might make them feel as well. I can't fault him for that :manny:

I wanted him to be recast too but it is what it is. And honestly, the more I think about it, the more this feel right, particularly for his cast mates who adored him and were just gearing up to film right before he died.

I think a film acknowledging his death can be just as, if not more rewarding than just sliding a new nikka in there and pretending he's the same dude.

When that stuff happens it's usually when some time has passed. Let's see what the future holds.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I understand for an individual such as yourself that my words might be difficult to process and comprehend. It's okay. No need to be agitated. I got you.

Scroll back up, sound out the words, and take pauses between the sentences. You'll be f
It's how I taught your mother to read. She's coming to the premiere with me on the 11th.

Nikka stfu

:mjcry: fellas we are all brothers here. Let's move forward amicably

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanted him to be recast too but it is what it is. And honestly, the more I think about it, the more this feel right, particularly for his cast mates who adored him and were just gearing up to film right before he died.

I think a film acknowledging his death can be just as, if not more rewarding than just sliding a new nikka in there and pretending he's the same dude.

When that stuff happens it's usually when some time has passed. Let's see what the future holds.

This is where I'm at, exact same mindset.

Also, replacing Chadwick isn't that easy. He pretty much set the bar for live action T'Challa and everybody will be constantly compared to him. Knowing how people behave on the internet and how fickle they are, they would pick apart anybody who steps into the part when they realize they can't perfectly emulate or lack a quality that Chadwick brought to the role. If there is one thing about people, is that they are never satisfied especially on the net.

Look at the Superman and Snyder stans, they bytched and moaned all about bringing Cavill back, they did and they're still complaining lol.