B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Theres no way theyll wait 3 or 4 years to re-use those Wakandan characters, they will pop up in other Marvel movies. You could create a spin-off movie starring Danai, Leititia and Winston Duke and it would probably make Dr. Strange type money.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Theres no way theyll wait 3 or 4 years to re-use those Wakandan characters, they will pop up in other Marvel movies. You could create a spin-off movie starring Danai, Leititia and Winston Duke and it would probably make Dr. Strange type money.

Yeah, I doubt they'll even wait 3 years. Eventually, they're gonna back up the Brinks on Coogler's doorstep like "hurry TF up". They'll have the script by the end of this year, filming will prob begin summer/fall next year, released in that summer slot '20. It's not like they have much else coming down the pipeline. It's pretty much a blank slate outside of Spidey & Capt Marvel

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Infinity War was interesting

but since that ish at the end will be undone by next years Avengers movie, there's really nothing definitive to take away from it. The positives: No devastation to Wakanda, no inner turmoil as far as the decision to help the outsiders, no major character deaths, etc.

Negatives would be there wasn't much for the characters to do and felt a bit nerfed in firepower/resources.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Infinity War was interesting

but since that ish at the end will be undone by next years Avengers movie, there's really nothing definitive to take away from it. The positives: No devastation to Wakanda, no inner turmoil as far as the decision to help the outsiders, no major character deaths, etc.

Negatives would be there wasn't much for the characters to do and felt a bit nerfed in firepower/resources.

I think they're holding back to give Coolger freedom with the characters, cause the funny thing is, if the Russo's started introducing a bunch of new stuff w/o Coolger, folks would still be mad. I didn't think they were crazy nerfed at all. BP was holding it down and looked great in action, and they were just 2(??) years out from the Killmonger War and were still in recovery mode; their shield tech was advanced so much that the outriders had to go into sacrifice mode.

I am mad that they didn't show Shuri at all during the great disappearance. Is she gone or nah?:mjcry:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think they're holding back to give Coolger freedom with the characters, cause the funny thing is, if the Russo's started introducing a bunch of new stuff w/o Coolger, folks would still be mad. I didn't think they were crazy nerfed at all. BP was holding it down and looked great in action, and they were just 2(??) years out from the Killmonger War and were still in recovery mode; their shield tech was advanced so much that the outriders had to go into sacrifice mode.

I am mad that they didn't show Shuri at all during the great disappearance. Is she gone or nah?:mjcry:

I think you're spot on with the Coogler bit

Granted, I think they were a bit nerfed here because they omitted the aerial support. No spaceships or any other tech machines present, and I feel that was done in part bc they wanted to have Thor/GotG save the day as the team on the ground got overwhelmed.

Now maybe the ships wouldnt have fit inside the dome, and didn't want them flying outside the dome, or any other theories we can make for it, but their omission was noticeable to me. I dont think ppl would've got mad if they showed some Wakandan toys doing damage, bc the shield itself was cool and half the general audience prob thought this would be partly BP 1.5 anyway :dead:

I think its more so Wakanda would've wrecked those aliens, and then they'd have to further up the ante/fukkery to make the Thor moment still be necessary

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
Well now Marvel can give the females what they been asking for by Making Shuri Black Panther already

:sadcam:

Dikembe-Mutombo-No.gif

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
For me, Avengers Infinity War reaffirmed my stance that I want Coogler to double down on T'Challa in BP 2.

I think BP 2 will be huge because of how beloved the first one was and the coming of age element of it for BP. But I think for the second one they gotta establish how bad ass he is with more memorable feats. Like Cap in the elevator scene in TWS and earlier when he faced George St. Pierre on the ship, or the sequences of Thor with his hammer in the opening scene of Ragnorak vs the demon grunts/dragon, or Iron Man with his habitual suit upgrades, esp in Age of Ultron [opening scene, and the Hulkbuster].

Basically, if Shuri is going to be the one coming up with all the cool nano-tech upgrades like the energy daggers and stuff, then I really need to see BP both in the suit and in civilian clothes kicking some serious ass and showing his superiority. It was important that they showed him and M'Baku be neck and neck, and the Killmonger thing was important to, so no complaints there, but now that that's out the way, they gotta get a lil more selfish with our boy.

And they gotta give him that sky bike as well, and have that shyt pimped out with that Wakandan artillery. Hell, I would NOT have Shuri make him the bike. I would have that be his own thing, that he customizes. Play it like a breh and his whip that he pimps out and wants no one to touch let alone ride.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For me, Avengers Infinity War reaffirmed my stance that I want Coogler to double down on T'Challa in BP 2.

I think BP 2 will be huge because of how beloved the first one was and the coming of age element of it for BP. But I think for the second one they gotta establish how bad ass he is with more memorable feats. Like Cap in the elevator scene in TWS and earlier when he faced George St. Pierre on the ship, or the sequences of Thor with his hammer in the opening scene of Ragnorak vs the demon grunts/dragon, or Iron Man with his habitual suit upgrades, esp in Age of Ultron [opening scene, and the Hulkbuster].

Basically, if Shuri is going to be the one coming up with all the cool nano-tech upgrades like the energy daggers and stuff, then I really need to see BP both in the suit and in civilian clothes kicking some serious ass and showing his superiority. It was important that they showed him and M'Baku be neck and neck, and the Killmonger thing was important to, so no complaints there, but now that that's out the way, they gotta get a lil more selfish with our boy.

And they gotta give him that sky bike as well, and have that shyt pimped out with that Wakandan artillery. Hell, I would NOT have Shuri make him the bike. I would have that be his own thing, that he customizes. Play it like a breh and his whip that he pimps out and wants no one to touch let alone ride.
Yup. BP2 need to dial up the fighting/action set pieces of T'challa.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I agree 100%.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yup. BP2 need to dial up the fighting/action set pieces of T'challa.
It lowkey annoys me that 1) Infinity War 1&2 was filmed concurrently with BP, because that "most popular character" stimulus package isn't going to arrive until 2020, assuming he appears in any other movies before his sequel.

And that 2) out of respect for Coogler, they aren't going to give BP any tech upgrades until BP 2.. which may not be til 2021 at the earliest.

So he's still in a great position long term but short term it agitates me that we ain't gonna see any of his fun tech toys for 2+ years, despite him presumably being in back to back Avenger flicks. May not even get any big feat moments either since the marketing for next Avengers may be more cosmic/cap marvel/ant man/hawkeye/og avengers focused.

Even more reason why I don't want Coogler to hold back next go-around. Everyone is going to follow his lead with what he introduces to the franchise