Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
This new writer is killing it right now

RCO001.jpg

He's pretty much writing a Black Panther: Year 1 story, that doesn't coincide with the movie but has a lot of familiar elements.

He also throws some fun ideas around when it comes to tech stuff, things that i could see Coogler considering in the sequel

II just wished this series was ongoing. I can't wait for issue 4 to drop.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they can also mix in elements from Panther's Quest where he goes to South Africa and fight white supremacists :lolbron:

Low key Don McGregor has one of the best Black Panther runs with Panther's Rage, Panther's Quest and Panther's Prey. Christopher Priest draws heavily from Don's run and are must reads if you truly are a fan of the character

:krs: Yo, if they put that scene in there, don't even have to be related to the plot at all:mjgrin:.

Could change up the villains a bit without much backlash either. Wind eagle as a side-villian:mjgrin::troll:

tenor.gif

That would actually be a great change-up. Zanda as that female villain, king solomon's frog for added fukkery... although when it comes to time-shfiting/reality bending stuff like that, definitely got to have a tight script and vision with how certain plot points occur.. but i can dig it :ehh:

I'd probably upgrade some of the collectors or keep em as is but have the less capable ones hire some mercenaries like Taskmaster to try and 'collect' the vibranium, and the frog.

The more i think about it, the more i like where this could go

Yeah, I don't think they would have to go to far into time fukkery with the frog, could just be seen as a powerful artifact that no one knows how to truly use. Could be a nice easter egg for Kang as well (if the fox deal goes through). Completely forgot about the taskmaster too:ohhh:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
That’s a....VERY good analysis :ohhh:

Also he has daddy issues which cause him to make certain mistakes while trying to live up to his father’s Legacy. I know it was already touched upon in this first movie, but knowing the genius of Coogler that’s a well that can still be mined.

Also it doesn’t make sense for T’Challa NOT to be a genius. Your telling me that this man, who was destined to be king form the moment he was born, wouldn’t have an advanced education coming from the most technologically advanced nation on earth? That he wouldn’t at LEAST be on par with Shuri, his younger sister?

fukk that. T’Challa is a dynamic and interesting character in the comics WHILE being one of the smartest people in the canon, he can be so in the movies. No excuses

Yeah, I'm not really feeling that at all. I want to at least hear him discuss things with Shuri, or giving her instructions. They can even have it where he's the chemist/physicist and she's the engineer...the one that loves gadgets. But having Shuri talk to him like she does everyone else is not cool. Get them involved in nerd banter.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
After thinking more about it, I’m convinced someone will come for the throne due to T’Challa involving Wakanda into the rest of earth’s affairs.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
they can also mix in elements from Panther's Quest where he goes to South Africa and fight white supremacists :lolbron:

Low key Don McGregor has one of the best Black Panther runs with Panther's Rage, Panther's Quest and Panther's Prey. Christopher Priest draws heavily from Don's run and are must reads if you truly are a fan of the character

I'm not a big fan of McGregor but similar to Killmonger, i think there's a lot of potential to take a lot of the villains from that era (by him and other writers) and give them a modernized spin. The villain group called the supremacists for example lol

latest

supremacists_azania001.jpg

Barricade - force fields like the invisible woman
Voortrekker - tracker like kraven, martial arts/weapons expert

White Avenger - Alt-right superman. super strength, flight, durability, hyper senses, x-ray vision, team leader and one of the good ol boys :mjpls:

Hungyr - drains energy by touch like rogue, needs to do so to stay alive like a vampire
Captain Blaze - essentially human torch abilities
Harrier - 3rd rate iron man suit, with electrical and projectile weapons

These guys are basically Black Panther's "sinsister six" from the 80s. iirc BP pretty much took em all down using his wit, intelligence and environment; divide and conquer ish.

If they change the name of the group to something more subtle and a different code name for "white avenger" , the rest of them would be an easy adaptation.. and would show some great powers and great feats for BP in how he beats them all.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not a big fan of McGregor but similar to Killmonger, i think there's a lot of potential to take a lot of the villains from that era (by him and other writers) and give them a modernized spin. The villain group called the supremacists for example lol

latest

White Avenger - Alt-right superman. super strength, flight, durability, hyper senses, x-ray vision, team leader and one of the good ol boys :mjpls:

Hungyr - drains energy by touch like rogue, needs to do so to stay alive like a vampire

These guys are basically Black Panther's "sinsister six" from the 80s. iirc BP pretty much took em all down using his wit, intelligence and environment; divide and conquer ish.

If they change the name of the group to something more subtle and a different code name for "white avenger" , the rest of them would be an easy adaptation.. and would show some great powers and great feats for BP in how he beats them all.
they are the white supremacists from Panther's Quest that I mentioned.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

latest

Rep

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
II just wished this series was ongoing. I can't wait for issue 4 to drop.
3 issues in and it's the best black panther book in about a decade.

Ironically, the writer is a young black man who grew up a big Black Panther fan just like Ryan Coogler did... both got into Priest's run when they were young and in search of a black superhero to rock with.

So it's very interesting (and encouraging) to see how the younger generation that grew up with the mytho interprets T'Challa and the mytho, compared to the older generation (and not just Coates but Priest as well tbh) that sometimes get so caught up in introducing dysfunction and their own pessimistic views that they lose sight of making stories that simply inspire, empower, and bring harmony to both genders.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
3 issues in and it's the best black panther book in about a decade.

Ironically, the writer is a young black man who grew up a big Black Panther fan just like Ryan Coogler did... both got into Priest's run when they were young and in search of a black superhero to rock with.

So it's very interesting (and encouraging) to see how the younger generation that grew up with the mytho interprets T'Challa and the mytho, compared to the older generation (and not just Coates but Priest as well tbh) that sometimes get so caught up in introducing dysfunction and their own pessimistic views that they lose sight of making stories that simply inspire, empower, and bring harmony to both genders.

:wow:No lies told. Although I highly enjoyed World of Wakanda #6
latest

Yeah you really can tell in Narcisse writing he's fan of the character,and respects the cannon mythos. Lord knows I wish he was doing intergalactic empire of wakanda.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:wow:No lies told. Although I highly enjoyed World of Wakanda #6
latest

Yeah you really can tell in Narcisse writing he's fan of the character,and respects the cannon mythos. Lord knows I wish he was doing intergalactic empire of wakanda.

That was a solid story too

In fact, light bright Kevin "Kasper" Cole would be a cool cameo that i expect we'll see in BP 2. I doubt they'll go the white tiger or anything like that since logically i don't think it'd make sense and the codename itself is better suited for the pueto rican family [Hector, Ava, and Angela] that i think marvel will inevitably bring into the mcu..

..but i think we'll definitely see a young New York Compton cop by the name of Kevin who has some interactions with T'Challa