Official Mass Effect Discussion Thread - Um...happy N7 Day

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The problem is it takes 600 years to get to the Andromeda Galaxy. So this game is 600 years after the original trilogy.

Not saying it's impossible....this is sci fi after all....but I don't see any way this team would know what happened on Earth. I doubt any of them would ever see Earth again, anyway.

Kinda of a lame cop out if you ask me. :manny:

Fred.

Nah, not the whole galaxy. I'm not even saying this is what they should've done.

I'm saying, if the Reapers only operate in the Milky Way galaxy, how much of a threat are they? If this game can exist completely independent of the events on Earth...like you said "why does it matter?"....then it undermines the threat. Earth could be gone, humans are still thriving in another galaxy....so why make three games about some shyt that is, in the end, pointless?

Fred.

Why are we doom and gloom? :mjlol:

Gee....I dunno. Because they fukked up this very thing we're discussing, in their last game.

And for the record I'm not saying anything either way. I'm saying, if they went through the trouble of removing this game from the original trilogy....by 2.5 million light years and 600 years....then it doesn't seem like they want to connect to it. I could be wrong.

Lastly, 100k (or whatever number) colonizing a planet 600 years away is a pretty fukking good alternative to 0 people surviving, which was the stakes before "Andromeda". Prior to this game, it was you defeat the Reapers, or life in the Milky Way galaxy completely ceases to exist. Now, there is survivors no matter what happens.

Fred.

I meant in terms of the original trilogy, breh. Shepard wasn't fighting for random aliens living in caves or fringe races that couldn't even leave their planet. The stakes were, every character, race and place in the original trilogy completely wiped out. But now we find out some of them escaped anyway, so it lowers the stakes a bit.

Fred.
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because Casey Hudson, the guy that (supposedly single-handedly) fukked up the "ME3" ending left the company. So they had two options: continue to try and salvage something out of that train wreck, which they've already attempted with :ld: results (the Extended Cut) or just act like it never happened.

They're going with the latter. Which is ok but at some point I hope they realize they're going to have to re-visit the events of the original trilogy, and Commander Shepard.

Fred.

I'm hoping they're holding their cards close to their chest and it'll tie directly into the OG trilogy and Shepard's fate in a big way....but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll give it a fair shot pending good reviews (from The Coli and/or people I know in real life) but if it don't tie into the OG trilogy it's going to kinda fukk the game up for me.

Fred.
@hex :francis:

The lasting impression this game will have on me is you calling it out for a whole year before release.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Andromeda was trash for a lot of reasons, the main one being it undermined the original trilogy - not just the stakes, but... the tech. FTL travel without the relays was established as not doable... but they do it as the primary premise of Andromeda.

In other news... let's just talk about how Bioware just needs to outsource ME to Obsidian so we can all move on happily with our lives. Bioware is gonna be absorbed into EA proper within five years and we all know EA ain't finna do shyt with the property outside of make a mobile game in three years talmbout 'play as Liara on her digs for Prothean technology! Want to skip the wait on your dig? Buy the accelerators in the Shadow Broker Premium Store!'

Mass Effect died in the Omega-3 relay.

Also... can y'all chill with asking for the remaster? People really tripping over themselves to give this company additional money that they don't deserve so they can re-sell you something you already own with some HQ texture packs thrown in? Really? Do people forget this exact behavior is what led to Bethesda thinking they can do whatever the fukk they want? fukk all that. Bioware deserves no one's money again until they manage to put something out that is worth a shyt again - and not just re-release the last good thing they did.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Andromeda was trash for a lot of reasons, the main one being it undermined the original trilogy - not just the stakes, but... the tech. FTL travel without the relays was established as not doable... but they do it as the primary premise of Andromeda.

In other news... let's just talk about how Bioware just needs to outsource ME to Obsidian so we can all move on happily with our lives. Bioware is gonna be absorbed into EA proper within five years and we all know EA ain't finna do shyt with the property outside of make a mobile game in three years talmbout 'play as Liara on her digs for Prothean technology! Want to skip the wait on your dig? Buy the accelerators in the Shadow Broker Premium Store!'

Mass Effect died in the Omega-3 relay.

Also... can y'all chill with asking for the remaster? People really tripping over themselves to give this company additional money that they don't deserve so they can re-sell you something you already own with some HQ texture packs thrown in? Really? Do people forget this exact behavior is what led to Bethesda thinking they can do whatever the fukk they want? fukk all that. Bioware deserves no one's money again until they manage to put something out that is worth a shyt again - and not just re-release the last good thing they did.
Obsidian is a Microsoft company. I doubt EA does that.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex :francis:

The lasting impression this game will have on me is you calling it out for a whole year before release.

Hate to see it.
erFKFzg.png

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Somehow I doubt Bioware lives long enough to make another Mass Effect. They'll be lucky if EA doesn't pull the plug on Dragon Age 4 and end them. If we ever get Dragon Age 4 it'll probably be a live service game.

The reality is what Bioware is good at isn't what EA values anymore. It's all about live service games now and not large narrative based single player games. There's no place for Bioware at EA. Maybe Microsoft swoops in and buys them like they did Rare.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Somehow I doubt Bioware lives long enough to make another Mass Effect. They'll be lucky if EA doesn't pull the plug on Dragon Age 4 and end them. If we ever get Dragon Age 4 it'll probably be a live service game.

The reality is what Bioware is good at isn't what EA values anymore. It's all about live service games now and not large narrative based single player games. There's no place for Bioware at EA. Maybe Microsoft swoops in and buys them like they did Rare.

Bioware said the next DA4 won't come out sooner than April 2022. How are they going to keep the lights on from now to then? They eating off Anthem profits? I got a feeling they are screwed for next gen too.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bioware said the next DA4 won't come out sooner than April 2022. How are they going to keep the lights on from now to then? They eating off Anthem profits? I got a feeling they are screwed for next gen too.
Didn't EA consider Anthem a failure and scale it back? I also heard they canned a version of Dragon Age 4 and started over. Bioware really needs to be with a company like Sony where their talents would be appreciated and their games wouldn't have to be compromised. They had no business making Anthem in the first place.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Didn't EA consider Anthem a failure and scale it back? I also heard they canned a version of Dragon Age 4 and started over. Bioware really needs to be with a company like Sony where their talents would be appreciated and their games wouldn't have to be compromised. They had no business making Anthem in the first place.

:francis: Yeah, you right. Looks like they're doubling down on that live service tip for it too.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

The way people in key leadership roles keep leaving I think it is safe to say Anthem is a failure.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
People really tripping over themselves to give this company additional money that they don't deserve so they can re-sell you something you already own with some HQ texture packs thrown in? Really? Do people forget this exact behavior is what led to Bethesda thinking they can do whatever the fukk they want? fukk all that. Bioware deserves no one's money again until they manage to put something out that is worth a shyt again - and not just re-release the last good thing they did.

Still mean every single word.

Please don't buy this remaster :snoop: We all know it's only coming out because Anthem was a failure. If it was putting up even half Destiny numbers, they'd just be pointing nikkas toward the OG Steam pages and hitting the :hubie:. But them thirsty bytches trotting out their last hit and all but busting it wide open, begging for anyone to remember the days when they had it like that. And the greatest irony is, EA has the Star Wars license. And they own the company that made KOTOR. And there is no KOTOR3. This alone is proof that they do not give a solitary fukk about what their target audience wants, so... they can keep that shyt.

Larian is what Bioware coulda been if they weren't violently chasing a mainstream that don't give a fukk about them.