Official Mass Effect Discussion Thread - Um...happy N7 Day

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Overall, I liked the ending to ME3. Some things could have been more cohesive, but overall it was good to me. I think people get so hung up on having a happy ending. Where Shepard saves the day and all is right with the world. They also want things explained that don't need an explanation.

I don't know, everything seems nitpicky to me.

No offense man but this is why when people get into the series late it's hard to take their opinion seriously.

The back lash against 3 had nothing to do with there being a happy ending. Or Shepard saving the day. Or "things being explained".

The controversy revolved around two things:

1. There not being any real difference in the choices at the end.

2. The exposition dump from a character that was introduced in the last 5 minutes of the series.

That's it. I mean....a Bioware writer (Patrick Weekes) actually came out and said "yeah, sorry the ending was wack, our boss locked us out of the writing process at the last minute" and cats are still like :patrice:"I dunno breh, the complaints seem nitpicky".

I don't get it.

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Tali was my favorite option too
Jack would be up there too but they kinda shytted on her romance for ME3. I feel bad that for people who chose Miranda :mjlol:
Tali actually had dimensions that made sense. Jack was just a damned good character all around and could've easily been the protag of her own game, shyt...

Tali went from sweet STEM major and refugee one minute to "why can't we commit genocide, p*ssy? if you go scared to church" and it worked. Tough guy Liara was always missing something. Miranda was a Kardashian low key

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
No offense man but this is why when people get into the series late it's hard to take their opinion seriously.

The back lash against 3 had nothing to do with there being a happy ending. Or Shepard saving the day. Or "things being explained".

2. The exposition dump from a character that was introduced in the last 5 minutes of the series.

That's it. I mean....a Bioware writer (Patrick Weekes) actually came out and said "yeah, sorry the ending was wack, our boss locked us out of the writing process at the last minute" and cats are still like :patrice:"I dunno breh, the complaints seem nitpicky".

I don't get it.

Fred.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree then.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

I don't get it.

Fred.

I have just come to live with it.

After playing Andromeda, it's impossible to complain.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
This game is dated, but, still amazing looking

D4PbD9aXoAES87_.jpg

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I went through 80% Renegade and didn't realize that I was pushing Ashley away :to: til after Virmire and before going back to the Citadel, his closed ya boy out and I "settled" for Liara.

My goofy ass even when to a save three hours back to try to fix it.

And now, Liara wasn't rocking with me either.

D4PbMYKXoAA7SUd.jpg

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Im planning a ME trilogy replay this summer

Well I was then my 360 disc drive broke